Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Running Haas from hard drive

this was copied from http://cncmagazine.com/Answers/Communicate.htm

it is not from the hard drive but i would think that it would be the same concept.

Jody

quote:

Dear Applications:

I need to DNC from my Zip™ drive. I go to LIST PROGRAM while in DNC mode and type in “ZIP,” but the machine does not recognize the Zip drive. DNC is enabled in Parameter 57, and Setting 55 (ENABLE DNC FROM MDI) is also turned on. Any step-by-step advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark Dame

Dear Mark:

Be sure you have a disk in the Zip drive, press the LIST PROGRAM button, enter the letters ZIP in the Haas and then press the F4 key. This will switch the machine from the floppy drive to the Zip drive.

Next, you have to know the name of the program that you want to call up from the Zip drive. This will be the full program name with extension; for example, O12345.NC. For the control to recognize the file, you will have to enter the entire name: The letter O followed by five digits, a period and the letters NC.

Press the MDI button and type in the full name of the program you want from the Zip disk. Press the MDI button again; the control should display DISK READ at the bottom of the screen. When the file is ready, it will display DNC PROG READY. When the control finds the end of the file, it will display DNC END FOUND.

Press CYCLE START at any point after you see the message DNC PROG READY. The machine will operate normally.

Sincerely,

Haas Applications

Don it is possible and I have done it. You have no comments mean no txt what so ever not even a program name and program will eun from the harddrive. Been a little whiel but when you have the program selceted liek in hard drvie get hit the green button then go to current commands to see it running liek you normally would.

HTH

I found this

3.1 FILE NUMERIC CONTROL (FNC)

This is a feature of the Hard drive / Net Share devices only

A program can be run from its place on the network or from the CNC control’s hard drive. To run a program from

the network or hard drive, go to the Device Manager screen (Press List Prog), highlight a program from the

directory and press “Select Prog”. The program will be displayed on the current commands screen, and the

name of the running program will be at the top of the Device Manager screen.

Sub-programs can be called using an M98, provided that the subprogram is in the same directory as the main

program. Additionally the subprogram must be named using the Haas naming convention with case sesitivity

e.g. O12345.nc.

Caution: The program can be modified remotely, and the change will take effect

the next time the program is run.

Subprograms may be changed while the CNC program is running.

Program editing is not allowed in FNC. The program is displayed and can be browsed through, but not edited.

Editing can be done from a networked computer or by loading the program into memory.