Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How did you learn to edit posts?

Tom Szelag

An online post class.....now there is an idea. I would pay good money for that. I can't get the company to pay travel for me to go to CNC but they would pay for an online class I bet. That way we could all actually go post some code to our machines and see if it works. How about it Paul...2 hours a day for 2 weeks be enough?

After X is released though. I bet you would have a class of hundreds after the X release.

Now that I've got that figured out rolleyes.gif

here is what I ended up with for a safe index pos.

*five different formats*

pmoveout# safe tool change

if mach=0,n,"G91 G28 ", *xh, *yh, e

if mach=1,n,"G91 G28 ",*yh,e

if mach=2|mach=5,["G90 G53 Y0",e

"X20",e]

if mach=3,["G90 G53 Y0",e

"X15",e]

"M00",e

if mach=4,n,"G15 H0 G0 X-8.0 Y8.0",e

cheers.gif

wouldn't be nice if everyone just bought one kind of machine? banghead.gif

quote:

Online post class?...

...Isn't that what were doing?

Yep, and Class is in session 24-7. [big Grin] [Razz]

Hmmmm.. YEP - sounds like this forum alright!! biggrin.gif

As for me it was: Trial, error, trial, error, trial, partial sucess, trial, error, ask question, get answer, knock head on wall (cuz I already knew the answer), trial, error, trial, error, ask different question, get answer, trial, success... It works. LEAVE IT ALONE..... rolleyes.gif

Oh fud mad.gif ge - just found a new bug.....

Get MPMASTER_FADAL.PST - ohhhhh, NICE!!!!

tim,

did you try the rotate feature yet? smile.gif

don't use it much but it comes in handy.

by the way I think this post rocks. do I have permission to post FTP? will wait for answer.

my employer DID pay for it I'm sure, but even he

admits the mess it was in when I showed up. Last programmer messed it up and told my boss good luck figuring it out. flame.gif I'm very proud of the changes I've made, many with this groups help. and with the help of one individual who must remain 'nameless' for the sake of his privacy. While I'm thanking folks I can't forget my reseller who I've come to know over the years. Lets here it for Bryon at MLC-CAD! You and Jeff both rock! cheers.gif

and of course Paul and the gang, cheers.gif you guys proofed my latest change and were very patient with me while tried to get past my own learning curve with the ref. CD bonk.gif still digesting that thing though.

Kinglouie,

No I haven't yet. I'm working 50+ hours right now. That sounds good except That I'm salary. frown.gif

I usually work on my posts at home but I'm writing up a new one for our 12 pallet cell. (due the first week of May) Hopefully I'll get to it sometime this month but it's going to be a hard one to figure out though.

Thanks James,

In another thread I read you're (were) working on a Fastems pallet pool. Ours is the Fastems FPC container for 500mm pallets. From what it sounds like I only to write the machining program itself and the controller will take care of the support programs. (work offset, tool length/dia offset programs, next programs, ...) Is this true or are there things that I will need to incorporate into the machining programs?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Tim,

I have G10's at the head of my program so that's how the correct fixture offsets get to the right place. We have a pretty tricked out post that incorporates Macros, Tool Breakage Detection, Tool Life Management, Tool Length Measurement, AI Nano, etc... lots and lots of goodies and getting more goodies each week. Sood Probing will be added for the Blum Touch Probe.

The Fastems system checks to make sure the tools that will run in a program are in the machine. You have to use Tool Life Management for this to work though. Depending on how you set up the job, will depend on how the programs run. If all of the programs for a pallet are too large for the memory, you just need to add phases so that it will run one phase, send it out of the machine, send it back, and continue on. Fastems makes very nice Software. Some of the Best Cell Controller Software I've seen. It has some limitations but so far they've not been insurmountable.