Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another seat?

ellett88

ellett88,

You can technically "drip" feed the data to one machine at a time using Mcam's built-in communications. I prefer to use the Cimco Edit product that is licensed with your seat of Mcam V9. This editor is not only a great g-code editor, but can also be used as a DNC communications device. It is "stand-alone" too, which means you can drip feed the code to one machine and still work in Mastercam to program the next part. Select Cimco Edit by opening the File-Edit-Editor menu and clicking on the "down arrow" on the right end of the field. PFE32 is the default editor when you first install Mcam but I usually switch to Cimco right at the beginning of using Mcam. Be certain your connection to the machine is set-up correctly and the receive settings are matched at the control with the settings to send by selecting DNC setup in the editor. HTH biggrin.gif

I run 2 vf2 Haas machining centers and run both with 1 seat. We do not drip feed the machines and I cant help you with that. We use the rs232 on one and unfortunately the famous floppy on the other. We will get a switch box and run both through the rs232 port, and just switch to which machine we are gonna send the program 2.

Good Luck,

Brian

If it bogs down your puter, a good way is to put a separate box by the machine and use a third party DNC software. I can't remember the names of any right now, we use network and serial cables as we have enough space on the machine drives.

Any body know any of the DNC software prgs?

You can program for as many machines as you wish with one seat of Mastercam.

Drip feeding multiple machines from one computer is another animal. You can do it, and it's easy once you're set up.

I use Extreme DNC. Here's a link...

http://www.ascendtec.com/

I've been using it without updating it for quite some time now and it's great. I'm not sure if others are better though, it's been a while since I looked.

Paul

for the guys using floppys....We just got our Centroid control upgraded and part of it was the addition of a usb port so now we can transfer files on one of these little memory sticks ....holds 256mb and up and down loads about 10 times faster If your control has that option I highly recommend it

Tom

We use cimnet for our dnc needs. It works good. We have the abilities to drip feed all 16 machines at the same time but that has never happened. We are currently hooked up to our machines wirelessly useing rocket ports and the operators can get there programs remotely

hth