Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.model extension

malibu

Catia V4 - note the +- symbols to replace file name spaces when translated from Unix.

The version will make a big difference when you translate the file.

Catia V5 (which believe it or not is starting to be used more frequently) has a .CATPart extension.

~Kathy

Hello CAMmando –

Yes! You could say ‘I’m back’ – granted with a bit of my heels digging in the ground as the great powers to be pulled me back to assume full responsibility for NC programming here. That happened officially mid March. The young man that was here left in April.

I still have one last design project to complete in Catia V4, although we have another job in-house that requires my support for both design and NC programming in Catia.

I have done a couple of projects (one an extensive assembly!) in ProE Wildfire. I like ProE now that I’ve had a chance to learn and use it. This last spring semester I took ProE 2001 at our local Junior College earning an ‘A’. Oh – and I also took Psych 1. That was fun, and yes – another ‘A’. biggrin.gif

Ya’all need to check out my latest post in the off-topic forum.

~Kathy

quote:

The young man that was here left in April.

Didn't you have some "issues" with him when he first started? I seem to remember you were on the forum a while back asking

" How do I give a clue to the clueless??"

biggrin.gif

The issues magnified over time…

We came to a standoff about the end of last summer. In addition to him refusing to come to work on time, I got upset because he, once again, ignored the schedule I gave him and parts didn’t get programmed on time. His solution? To convince our boss that he would work much better if he could set his own schedule.

Okay Fine! biggrin.gif

I gave the whole ball of wax over to him and became a full time designer. It was (Kathy speaking veeery nicely) ‘Sorry – I can’t take care of your job – you’ll have to talk to ---- He’s responsible now‘ ‘I’m sorry you can’t make your schedule – I don’t know what else to tell you’ ‘I’m sorry it’s wrong – you’ll have to wait till he gets in to fix it’ ad nausea…

That lasted till the first of the year. Three more months for the change over back to become official.

The real ugly part was that he wrote an email to which he stated: (words to the effect – I don’t have it in front of me) ‘the old girl needs to get out of my way so I can put the world on fire here’. Not very complimentary to say the least.

You don’t suppose that he thought, after that, that I was going to bend over backwards for him did he?

I’m not real comfortable airing this publicly – hope it doesn’t come around to bite me. And I did my best to act professional about the whole thing. But it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

He did mention that he had registered for this forum. He mentioned one day that he had been chatting with James M. and indicated that they had some kind of understanding; like he had found out some secrets about me. Maybe it was just a weird intuition on my part when he mentioned it to me.

So if he did registered here, he is using a handle cause I haven’t found his real name here after doing a search.

The really sad part of it was is that he had the talent if only he could have gotten his attitude under control. Because I’m convinced that he left still not understanding what went wrong.

~Kathy

cool.gif