Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

creating round stock

highrevtrev

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way you can create a round bounding stock. I have a big ring that i need to machined and i want to be able to define the round stock. Any suggestions?

I am going to try drawing a round piece of stock in solidworks, then try to import that onto the same screen that my part is on.

Thanks

Trev cheers.gif

Do you mean for varify purposes? If so than just select cylinder in the varify configuration screen (adjust the dia.). Or you could use the actual file (could be an .stl, parasolid, or a mastercam file) as your stock.

Roy has the best idea for this or if you are using lathe use the stock and then make the boundary geomentry saved to a lay verse hidden. Might could get one of the better knowledgeable Vb guys ot wrtie you a script to analze entites make a hidden box then make cicrle from midpoint of entites then delte hidden enitity. Think the script would have to be pretty envolved but think it could be done.

HTH

quote:

Hey rob did you get that tutorial??

Yes, I did Steve... Sorry for not replying to your e-mail to confirm that...Very busy in here, and by the time I have a minute to sit down, I forget what I need to do headscratch.gif

Thanks again cheers.gif

quote:

Thanks again

Anytime. biggrin.gif

Trev, if i'm understnding you correctly. No you can't

define the stock the way your talking about. But there

are several ways to achieve what your after, create

an arc equal to your part dia + your tool (+clearance)

and create a check surf outboard of it.

Or use a containment boundry depending on the

toolpath you choose.

Hope this helps headscratch.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif