Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File transfer to Okuma OSP700M

GSX1300R

WOW

I've just been reeading through a lot of old posts and there seems to be a whole lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. I'm using cimco to send and recieve programs to several machines but I can't seem to figure out this OSP700m control. I can send files from the machine to the pc just fine, but I can't send from the PC to the machine.

It reads the program name, and even tells me if the file exists in the control. Then it just sits and gives me a time out error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

on our machine there has to be a program in the buffer or for some reason you can't load a program. so we created a dummy program and keep it in the control. When we want to change programs. We select the dummy program. Delete the program we were using. Then load the new program.

Never needed a dummy program, but make sure the settings are the same for the pc and control for both send AND receive.

Do you hit Edit/PIP/Read/ TT: write?

I know that if my program isnt labeled correctly or is too long,I will get the same error.

Have you transferred to this control from pc before?

or is this the first time you have tried this?

GSX,

Give the folks at Caledonian a call (780) 490-7832 and they should be able to get you going (if you are still having problems.) Georgia, their main tech, will be in Calgary this week so call on Monday to see if she needs to stop by.

You can always give us a call and we help too. Give us a call if you need us.

I agree with elbro.

'It is most likely at the end of the program that is giving you the problem. Make sure you have a % at the end and a CR after that.'

OSP700's will read a file and display Varid or Valid information reading until the end condition is met. This can be changed with parameters in the control. Sometimes it is set to EOT or HEX 04 for the end of file character.

Regards,

John Carpenter

CNC Computer Integration, LLC.

Ellington, CT

www.WireFreeCNC.com

Okay, Still can't get this to work. Does anyone have a working sample program they can e-mail me?? I also heard someting about line feeds(not too sure what that means) Im pretty sure my parity and baud rate are correct otherwise I would not be able to send to the PC(assumption). I am not sure about the transmit settings in Cimco

as it gives a few different options for CR/LF. I know its probably something silly, but I will not be beat smile.gif ) If there are no other suggestions I guess I will give Caledonian or Anthony a call.

Thanx all

Ben