Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Parasolid converter trouble

lynnz

I'm running 8.1.1 L3 Mill. and the latest version of Solidworks. Up until recently the cleanest translation to Mastercam from Solidworks was to convert the .prt file directly. (The parasolid worked as well but took an extra step to translate it to .x_b.) The last 2 jobs I have brought in have untrimmed surfaces and other problems that won't let me add toolpath to them. I have checked this out with Analyze,Surfaces,Check model. To make it work, I go back to Solidworks and export as iges and it comes into Mastercam perfectly. I used to have more trouble with iges than parasolid, but now it seems to have reversed.

My settings in SW and Mastercam for parasolid is version 11.1, both are the same. Is anyone out there experiencing the same trouble?? Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Lynn confused.gif

I have a friend that has been sending me SLDPRT files from Soild works 2001 and they come in great then i will make some changes to the file using Mastercam solids and sent it back as a *.X_t with know problem.

Why dont you take one of the file you are haveing trouble with put it on the FTP lets see what i get here.

JM2C

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

I have uploaded the file 'clevis pattern.sldprt' to ftp site in the to be converted to MC folder.

My Solidworks version is 2001 SP9 which is the latest update as of yesterday. I get the same result bringing in the native Solidworks file as I do bringing it in as .x_t or .x_b. Lots of errors. But iges brings it in great.

I have tried bringing it in as 12.1, 12.0 and 11.1 from Solidworks and changing the version in MC from 11.1 to 12.0 with same results. I've tried about all combos with no luck.

All the tools I can check model with in SW tell me there are no problems with the solid model.

Up until recently, there has never been a problem and this is something I do on a daily basis.

I went ahead and uploaded the parent file for this project. Its called 'original clevis.sldprt in zip format'.

Thanks for all your input

Lynn

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: lynnz ]

Well Lynn,

We need to make sure you have all the latest updates.

It appersthet I too can bring in this file direct with no problem.

This why some time i like to see the files to see if some thing is out of wack on the other persons system.

I checked and there are no new patchs for this area.

I hat to say it but yuo might have to do a new clean install.

One more qustion what is your OS(what version of windows) are you running this on?

Willy, can you put toolpath to them? I just tried your files and you can't generate any surface toolpath from them.

I do have solids with my Mastercam.

If you go to Create, Surfaces, Next, From Solids and convert to surfaces and then go to Analyze, Surface, Check Model, Mastercam will tell you the file has a problem.

Lynn

Cadcam, I have windows 2000 service pack 2 on a dell p3 1000.

Try to program a scallop toolpath or pocket rough on the file you translated and you will see what I mean.

If you can with no problems, then I will have to reinstall as something has happened. Check it for me.

Thanks for all the trouble

Lynn