Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best way to learn MC

Skyline

Hi, I'm new here obviously.... and have taken an ineterest in learning MC (Work related) Anyways, Im wondering whats the best way to learn MC and become really efficient with it. Classes are really expensive here for it and was wondering about other technics that might be as effective... thanks

My early training was on the job watching the previous programmer. I then took classes and a lot of time working at home just trying to learn as much as I could.

As stated above, this site is the best tool.

It has been a great help to me. I've learned stuff here that I wasn't even looking to learn.

Thanks for all the great advice, I did'nt know City college offered a MC class as Ive only seen AutoCAD classes offered there... but I will be taking that as well next semester.

Also please post any helpful sites that might help me along my journey.. thanks all

Holy Crap. you must be new here to ask

quote:

but am wondering if it would be a better idea to wait until the new version of MC comes out and then learn that... what do you guys think???

That's a trick question isn't it? No one knows when this mystical day will come. It has been just around the corner for a long time. I bet it will be soon though. wink.gif

Jump in and learn now. Maybe hold off on buying learning aids till "X" comes out. (ha.. ha.. ha.. ha.. ha)

Welcome to the forum

Hey Wes,

quote:

And Mayday, got into a sheep addiction. Just be careful dealing with those two. Just some advice.

Don't forget to change your boots from time to time. The rubber breaks down fast in sheep xxxxe. biggrin.gifcheers.gif

Phil

quote:

would be a better idea to wait until the new version of MC comes out and then learn that... what do you guys think???

how old are you right now? its hard to teach an old dog new tricks (X release)

quote:

sheep xxxxe

more bird xxxxe round here I think wink.gif