Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X crack ???

gcode

quote:

Just think about how many billions of dollars our government could make if they policed the private civillian's computer

I don't think I would ever want our gobment anywheres near my computer!It's non of their business what I have on my personal computer.

Just think how much money they could save if they just did their job right..... wink.gif

BTW,I did a quick search and the only thing I found was sites that claimed to have all kinds of cracks,only after you send them $$$!!

Soo long sucka headscratch.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Matt 100%. It's in the software companies hands. If there is a version someone could use for free to learn on, that would be great. I understand that there's a demo version, but (it's been a while) it's limited right? Last I knew you couldn't even save. For a student, that's usless because you can't complete anything in one sitting.

How about a special fully functional version that had "educational version" displayed on the screen at all times. Maybe a special version of the post procesor engine that would put "educational version" in the header of the posted file?

Yes, people could edit screenshots, and nc files, but nobody would really want to do that in a business environment. I'm sure there are other things that could be done as well to help protect the huge developmental investment made by CNC software...actually their customers.

What are the limittions of Demo X?

Mention of Napster brings up another point. Napster was "supposedly" bad. Napster pissed of every record company out there. The record company execs were upset because the were no longer going to be in control of the cash that they really never deserved. They wanted to secure their monopoly. Napster pioneered file sharing, and is still in business today...legally, generating big dollars for the xxxx that tried to bring it down.

My point here is that a bad thing used in a bad way can be criminal, while the same bad thing used in a respectable way can be harmless. It's all in the intention of the user.

Cracked Mastercam in the workplace...bad. Cracked Mastercam at home for learning purposes...harmless, but illegal.

Paul

[ 08-14-2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Paul McGarr ]

Cadcam2112,

It is an interesting dilemma you propose there.

quote:

Cracked Mastercam in the workplace...bad. Cracked Mastercam at home for learning purposes...harmless, but illegal.

Paul,

I can't say I disagree with your assessment here. It seems to me this is just like the b*stard child no one wants to talk about.

Functional but but somehow locked versions of software would seem to be an answer. I don't know if it's THE answer.

if you take a class at a local collage lets say that offers mastercam, ask them about the aprenticeship option of mastercam that give you a 9 month full running copy of the latest MC and there are more to it.

And the cost is not allot.

I know just in my area there has to be at least 10 plus schools teaching mastercam I have taught at least to of the locals ones for about 4 years.

So really there is no excess to not be able to class at a low cost.

Allow posting to one decimal place, or to a limit of 100 lines. I requested this years ago. Students would be happy with this, and it would reduce the amount of cracked software trading hands at colleges. I agree: software that doesn't allow you to save files is useless to students, and they will opt for a cracked copy.

When I was taking mech desktop and autocad in college it cost me and was only good for a year. You had no support the software was a bitch to register and plot crap all over your drawing. The plotting I could see but everything else sucked so when someone asked me if I wanted a real copy you can guess what I did. But I did not earn any money with it either. The college has since switched to sw just because of this stuff. And most of the industry in the area has switched to so it is wirth the softwares time to promote their stuff. They also use surfcam because of the price mc wanted. Now I no shame on them but it is now the dominant cam software in the area because people no how to use it. Some free disks sure help make sales in my opinion.

When I first started programming,we were using TekSoft ProCam.

If you did not have the rainbow dongle plugged into parallel port,you could still use the software,you could post,but you could not save the posted code.

Now you could take a screenshot of it and maybe manually punch in the code,but for long programs.........

quote:

if you take a class at a local collage lets say that offers mastercam, ask them about the aprenticeship option of mastercam that give you a 9 month full running copy of the latest MC and there are more to it.

And the cost is not allot.

If you are going to college, you are going to opt for free before spending money. What is "not a lot"? It's not $50 I wouldn't believe. On top of that you have to be taking a course that probably cost's money.

How many of those apprentice seats have you sold? How do they justify the cost of that? Are you allowed to use it for profit? If not, is the cost just for support?

Paul

What is "not a lot"? It's not $50 I wouldn't believe.) $250 in our area.

On top of that you have to be taking a course that probably cost's money.) Well if you are taking my EPT classes thru your company it cost is $100.

If you take it say thru the local collage it can be from $30 to $50.

How many of those apprentice seats have you sold?) Close to about 100

Are you allowed to use it for profit?) of course not,but you can cut a few things to show the boss how it works or for yourself but not for a living NO.

is the cost just for support?) Yes and No. at the end of the 9 months the student get to keep the desin package for ever. cool.gif

This how it works in our area. Each stat has there own Educational Div.

This is real good for students.

I suggest it to all my students and I also tell them to ask the boss to cover the cost. This is an advantage to the company to.

I'm not sure it's on this website because I haven't checked but the Mastercam Educational website is http://www.mastercamedu.com. The student version is offered at the local colleges in my area also.

I think CNC Software has done a pretty good job of offering low cost or free software to learn on. There's the demo version which is free and does everything except saving and posting (accurately). This is a great tool for learning how to use the software. There's the student version if you're enrolled as a student and then there's also Mastercam Draft. Draft is an inexpensive drawing package.

I think they did a pretty good job of covering low cost options to learn the software. There's also many training manuals, videos, and courses you can take from Mastercam dealers and/or local colleges (I realize some areas might not have local colleges that teach it).

o.k. i've got this question, it doesn't mean that i'm doing it just wondering what are the implication:

lets say you own legal license of a specific sofftware but suddenly it failed during an emergency (hasp broke, or network failed when using network license). ur desperate so u download a crack and use until things get fixed...... would u resort to this kind of action? what do u think about the person who does this?

if this type of topic is not allowed to be discussed in the forum please inform so me that I can edit it out. thanks

Come on...I guess technically you get fined. Why would you ask though. I mean, If you can't pay your mortgage because someone stole all your money, do you rob a bank (just once) and expect it to be legal? Illegal is illegal. If your seat of mastercam dies for some reason, it will be fixed within a day or so. I'm sure (though it wouldn't be good) you would rather be down a couple days than to pay a steep fine. It's business. If a machine breaks, you don't steal one for a couple days either.

Nobody's questioning whether cracked sofware should be legal or not. If it's protected, and you defeat that protection, you are stealing.

Paul

quote:

i'm saying u can't steal what u already own

Read the licensing agreement you agreed to when you installed Mastercam ( or almost any other software).

You don't own it. You've leased the rights to use it.... and you can loose those rights for violating the agreement.

I personally feel that if you could just save your file, but not post any code, the Demo version would be more helpful for everyone. I had purchased a seat of Draft 9.0 when I was learning Mastercam and that was a big bite when unemployed. Because I could not save anything in Demo.