Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New discovery in V9 (for me)

jeff

Man....you *are* a dumbass! Just kiddin' bro. biggrin.gif

I was just talking to a fellow employee yesterday about how you know how to accomplish your task, so you just do it....not even looking at your other options. I just recently stumbled upon the divide function when trimming. I used to always break the line, them trim it. Talk about feeling like a dumbass! eek.gif Tunnel vision, I guess.

BTW, you wanna REALLY feel like a dumbass? Wait until you start playin' with X! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thad teh only uses Job Setup to import operations

I just found out that we have a Extrude tool for surfacing. (Create-Surface-Primitive-Extrude) It works like Solid Extrude but makes closed surfaces cool.gif

When did they sneak that extrude tool in there?

Of course Id rather use Solids for this, but hey not all customers have Solids and that is a nice tool to have for surfacing.

Ernie

quote:

I just noticed that if you right click the box on a file get you have a recent files list.

Never knew this. Great tip. It has been so annoying to have to search/type file name each time.

Are these what they call Easter Eggs? Perhaps we need an Easter Egg thread.

quote:

I just found out that we have a Extrude tool for surfacing.

Kewl...I did not know this,gonna have to play around with that. tongue.gif

quote:

I just noticed that if you right click the box on a file get you have a recent files list.

I use this feature everyday!!!

I keep geting tuned up by the simple stuff in the interface that I missed for years like rotate and type A for angle, brings up 2 line option etc.

Transform, translate between views, so simple to take a 2d model into 3d wireframe in a few steps.

GView rotate makes the most confusing blueprint projection easy.

I learned the cereal bowl method for understanding blueprint projections. Put a cube in the bottom of your soup bowl, for the view to the right move the cube to the right side in the bowl (it rotates x plus up 90 deg). G View Rotate gives you perfect projections by then calling c-plane = gview. If you have ever had problems with top/front/side not jiving with your print views give it a try.

After years the interface still amazes and humbles me with its simplicity.

Henny Youngman rocks

Chas

quote:

just found out that we have a Extrude tool for surfacing. (Create-Surface-Primitive-Extrude) It works like Solid Extrude but makes closed surfaces

+1

Ernie, great find on this one.

I never knew this existed.

cheers.gif