Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Letters should be editable

The Dude

Dude,

What is it you're getting at?

Do you need mastercam to mill part #'s on your parts. It will do this but not numerically, AFAIK, you'll have to change them yourself.

What is it you're trying to accomplish?

Dude, I know of systems that can do this also. MC doesn't. Once its layed as geometry, thats it. You can't come back to it later and randomly edit the characters or font etc.

My solution to it was this. First create the text you want. Now copy the the text to another level. Go back to the original level and break the note to machine. Now if you want to edit the text, font, size, etc, etc, you just delete the "cut" geometry, edit the drafting on the "other" level and copy it to the original level for cutting. This way, you always have reference for the original text and you don't have to delete it to modify.

cheers.gif

I guess the question would have been. "how do I create editable engraving?" The program I "upgraded" from alowed my to double click the text and update the toolpath. Took 2 sec.

quote:

You need to break the note into geometry. MC machines geometry not drafting dimensions or notes. Create letters is the best way to handle this.

• 2 weeks later...

DUDE, (just a thought, I haven't tried it) put your editible drafting entities on another layer and get them where you want tem to go. Turn them into geometry for machining on another level.

Then if you wanted to change the font, go back and do so on the edible entities. Then change your edited entities to geometry and repick your chaines in your existing ops. Just changing the size only requires yoiu to scale 'em...

OK so it might not take 2 sec........might take like........ 5 smile.gif