Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Program Numbers in X

No, you are not wrong. What you are saying will work. However, I am posting for only one machine, hundreds of operations each operation requiring a separate program number. Can you imagine the mess in the Operations Manager of having to add hundreds of Machine Groups each describing the same machine and post with one operation under each?!

I know of a work around, but it's ugly.

You can change the program number in the tool settings tab of the MGP and then regen the operations you want to have this new number.

OR

When creating operations, it will take the program number and write it to the oepration, so change the number as bove and create the new operation and it will have the correct program number. Now change the number and create a new operaiton and it will have that number and so on...

I told you it was ugly.

This is something that they are already working on fixing. I know it doesn't help you now... Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after reading this thread it looks like X will be on my back burner until they work out the multiple program number abilities.

I just cannot see creating multiple machine defs in a file for a job where all ops will be posted to the same machine. If I have a 5 op job and I need to change machine I have to change 5 different machine groups.

I see they are working on it but in the mean time it would really make my current system a mess.

So I'll learn, play and tweak but the transition is just going to have wait until this gets addressed.

This is really ugly for us.

We write complicated programs with hundreds of operations. Our posts have been written and re-written over the years to generate a new subroutine by program number for each operation. It would be impossible to find a minor program glitch if we only used one program and a duanting task to change the machine group for each operation and regenerate.

Please bring back the program number capability.

confused.giffirebounce.gif