Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

INDEXING ERROR

Threept82

Hi Guys.

How does everyone like " X ". I'm sill on the fence

but I'll come around I'm sure. Anyway.

I've got a job that I'm doing on a indexer. When I code it out (in Ver 9 or " X ") I get this error message. WARNING-INDEX ANGLE DOES NOT MATCH POST SETTING ('ctable).

I need to hold down the return key to go through about 25 error messages (all the same)

When it finial codes out the code is correct. confused.gif

Any Ideas on what I need to adjust in the posts.

You probably have your planes set wrong.

The only reason it posts out correct is it's more than likely just an accident.

How are your tool planes set up or if you are using transform which view are you rotating around?

jmparis

I put my file on the FTP site in the MC9_files dir.

file name is 3777.mc9. the coded file is 3777

I also added my post vertical.pst if you or anyone in MC land gets time to look at it and tell me why I'm stupid (only in this case Hardmill) It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hmmmm,

I have to think this a posting issue now.

I took a look at your file and it seems to be set up right. Double check your threadmill though, you have both toolpaths cutting the same 2 holes, I assume you want the first one to cut on the #16 tool plane they both cut on #17

I ran it thru both of my 4 axis posts and it posted out with no errors and it looks good.

So I would lean towards a post issue.

Grab the mpmaster off of this site and see if it works for you.

Open the post and change the setting of ctable to a smaller number (this number should match the smallest increment your indexer can move). The warning message is telling you that the position you are trying to index to does not match up with that increment setting - i.e. if ctable is set to 5 (the default setting in mpfan), the post is expecting rotary positioning at 5 degree increments - meaning if you were trying to rotate to 47 degrees you would get a warning.

Of course, you could always change the setting for index to full rotary:

index : 0 #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only

Ron,

At this point in time, all of your updated V9 posts rotary settings are still controlled in the post.

The new 4-axis Generic posts (Generic Fanuc 4X Mill.pst, Generic Haas 4X Mill.pst, Generic Fadal Format_1 4X Mill.pst and Generic Fadal Format_2 4X Mill.pst) read the machine definition parameters and set the rotary switches based upon the setting in the machine definition (the control definition is also read to set the feedrate types for rotary axis - i.e. units/minute, degrees/minute or inverse time).

In this case, his example was in V9 so it's a moot point.

quote:

In this case, his example was in V9 so it's a moot point.

Not to Him. He still doesn't get why.

He changed his ctable to 1 and it worked with no errors. He Thanks you Paul, but He wants to know what if He has a job that uses partial degrees with ctable set to 1 will He get errors again.

(He's only playin) biggrin.gif

I understood the V9 side and that was fine but was just checking to make sure It was still in the PST side for X. His question was 2 part in Nature so I was asking about the 2nd part of the question related to X for my clarity.

Yes Threept82 you can not have a axis output that is smaller in nature than what you are allowing the post to have. I had not run into this problem and was making sure it was not a CD related action in my question.