Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Check this out

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
Multax's Profile

The guy's had 39 posts and maybe 5 have been something worthwhile(I'm trying to be generous). That's a pretty abysmal(at best) record. Sounds like he needs to find something else to do.

Bullines, dude, that was a hilaroius(sp?) last sentence in the topic you closed.

Anybody seen the movie "Little Giants"? If you don't have young kids probably not, anyway there's this kid that likes to speak in third person and I just thought of that when Multax started talking in third person again. Then Bullines did an excellent job of mocking him. ROFL!!!!!!! I'm easily amused , OK, I'll shut up now.

Kathy, that was Unsportsman-like Conduct AND a Personal Foul, 35 Yard Penalty, that puts him inside his own end zone if you aske me. Time to boot it, errrrr, I mean him.

JM2C

James,

I noticed the same peculiar pattern, too. Early on, a few of his posts were quite "normal" and polite and seen in these threads:

Dynapath Post

LETS...GO...SIXERS!!!!

world trade center!!!!!!! (page two)

And in the first two threads that I listed above, I find his writing style seems drastically different from his posts that we're all used to now. Odd.

I didn't want to get involved in a thread like that, but I though enough is enough. As long as he (or anybody for that matter) is not violating the forum guidelines, he can act any way he wants. But he verbally insulted bryan.davis and this is a violation of the guidelines, so I closed the thread. I'm a member of other web forums (where it's pretty much mandatory that members be thick-skinned smile.gif) and there are many people that act much worse than this. I must say that eMastercam, for the most part, has great forum members! biggrin.gif

It is very unfortunate that a small percentage of people on this forum can be a problem. Maybe the best way to deal with this is to not reply to such people. I know most of us programmers are big headed wink.gif But we are all really in the same boat. We are here to make money and MC helps us to do that in one form or another. Take a quote from the masterful Rodney King.

"Can't we all just get along" biggrin.gif

Mike

Hi brother James

I believe the standards of this forum are written well enough.I believe that forum members have daily respected them.I believe anyone can make a mistake and apologize or

simply edit their own posts.I believe that forum members have addressed specific

posts that did not follow the standards of this forum in a forgiving ,and professional manner.

Sooooooooo ---Multax

"You obviously need some other place to post to ,and I am asking you to leave so that you can have the freedom to find that place."

Dear Administrators, Moderators, & Members

Multax found these post guidelines. Review them and then ask yourselves if these proposed rules at emastercam.com can raise the LEVEL of WRITTEN DEBATE to the level of a professional or academic journal?

Each of them, often quite quickly, deteriorated into a flame war. There is a place here at this board for this sort of discussion but there is no place here for insults and narrow minded jingoism.

I would like to re-open these discussions with several conditions.

By posting in this thread you agree to the following conditions.

1) The thread will be moderated more stringently than normal. Only serious and thoughtful discussion will be permitted. Should you, in the opinion of the moderators, post something that does not live up to these standards your post will be edited or deleted.

2) You agree neither to flame nor troll. One flames by posting insulting and defamatory messages with the intention of eliciting a flood of angry responses. Trolling has similar intentions but involves posting absurd messages instead of insulting ones.

3) You agree to respect the opinions of other posters and treat them in a civil manner. If you disagree with someone you will respectfully articulate the terms of your disagreement without denigrating them.

4) The moderators may at any time amend these guidelines should the need present itself.

5) If you witness a violation of any of these guidelines please contact a moderator rather than responding to it yourself.

6) Mere assertion of opinion will not cut it here. If you have an opinion then you must back it up with evidence and careful argumentation.

Any thread on a similar topic will be closed or merged into this thread.

So let us begin.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Multax ]

I was shocked to see that a private email to Multax [[email protected]] bounced back undelivered.

I'll post the message here for all to see.

quote:

Subject: Please provide Mastercam SIM #

Multax - You've successfully drawn attention to yourself and your use of the eMastercam.com Forums.

Our eMastercam.com Forums are intended for use by licensed users. Please provide your company's name and your Mastercam SIM # so that I may verify through CNC Software that you are indeed a licensed user. Your Forum privileges will be revoked if I fail to hear back from you.

Please also change your profile to include a valid email address. Contact me via email.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Webmaster ]

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Funny stuff, webbie!

I can't help but wonder if multass is alone in this world. I can't imagine anyone actually being, you know... 'friends' with him, (if he acts this way face to face i pitty him..) Seems like a person just starved for attention, and the best way to deal with that is to starve him. This will be my last post on the subject of the '3rd person' postings of multass. (spelling?)

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Rekd ]