Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I pick the end of a surface.

Thad,

I used endpoint of a surface all the time when making toolpaths.

You can right mouse click on the blank ereas in the toolpath where you need to input values (like depth) now select Z cooridnate of a point.Now in V9 hit E and select a flat surface. Every surface has an end pont.

If it's a flat surface in Z it does not matter where you select on the surface.

If the surface is Vertical you need select the surface to the side you want the point to be.This will input values straight into your toolpaths.

HTH

Now I see. The key is selecting "endpoint" from the left side menu or letter E on the keyboard. Autocursor won't just snap to it.

quote:

You can right mouse click on the blank ereas in the toolpath where you need to input values (like depth) now select Z cooridnate of a point.

David,

Yes, that is a sweet feature. Especially the Angle option when rotating. That way you don't have to analyze the angle and right down the 16 digit number to type in the rotate box. biggrin.gif

Thad

quote:

To select the end point in X of a suraces. Above the ribbon bar the third icon after the XYZ positions hit that and select Endpoint now select the surafce.

+1000 David.. That did it.. cheers.gif

Rob, are you talking about forcing it from the same icon as David mentioned in the toolbar? Because that works, but using the autocursor menu doesn't (at least not for me). I can force it to endpoints, yet it still acts like 'sketch'....

headscratch.gif

Still doesn't work for me. I acts like sketch like Psychomill is getting. Here's what I'm doing for clearity:

1) I have a simple surface all by itself.

2) I pick analyze, point, position, endpoint.

3) I get the cordinates of where ever I pick (like sketch) but it doesn't see the surface at all. No snap at all.

I'm not going to gripe....but I want to.

Dan

Metal,

You are talking about Analyze.

1) Analyze or F4

2) Analyze Position

3) Select the little down arrow on the 3rd icon after the XYZ coordinates above the ribbon bar.Select Endpoint.Pick surface.

jctjct,

You are talking about a solid. Correct you do not need curves on a solid when selcting a Z depth for a topolpath.

When using a solid you don't need to lock the Autocurser.

When selecting the Z depth in a toolpath if you run the curser over a Solid it will snap to all the points you have setup in your Autocuser.

[ 11-11-2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: DavidB ]