Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Rough Pocket

John,

I make the floor drive, but if it's a BS surface that really doesn't mean anything, you could make it check.

My guess is that you have a situation where absolute depth limits will work in one area, but then not get to full depth in other areas. Or vice versa. If so, you could always create different boundaries with different depth limits and then post the multiple ops together. Even this won't work 100% of the time though.

Thad

It's my first op 99% of the time. Absolute Depths is the way to go. I use a slab surface at maximum depth if I need the tool to go outside of my true cutting area to get into a nook or cranny where helix or ramp can't be accomplished.

I know there is the option to plunge outside of tool boundary which would eliminate the need for teh slab, but I am not all that comfortable with IT.

Thanks for all the advice guys smile.gif

quote:

My guess is that you have a situation where absolute depth limits will work in one area, but then not get to full depth in other areas. Or vice versa.

You're correct Thad, I had an area where I did not want to get to the full depth.

I did get it to do what I needed.