Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool change

Chao

Hi,

I am not sure what will happen to machine if a tool is called more than 1 time without other tool call between in NC program, like this:

T2M6 (NOTE, THIS IS #1 CALL)

T2M6 (NOTE, THIS IS #2 CALL)

T2M6 (NOTE, THIS IS #3 CALL)

T2M6 (NOTE, THIS LAST CALL)

T8M6

the question is that the machine will skip #2 to #4 call?

thanks,

Chao

I believe it depends on your machine. We have 2 Fanuc controlled machines. The one with OM control will get all goofed up. Basically, following your example, it will keep exchanging T2 and whatever was in the spindle before the first T2 call.

Our other Fanuc control (not sure of the model but newer than our OM) handles this perfectly. It will just ignore the extra T2's because it knows T2 is already in the spindle.

You'll have to try it and find out...

Depends how old the machine is, whether is stages tools or not.You going to find a lot of response to this one.

What I have seen, if the Machine tool does not pre-stage tools,it will return to tool change position, orient the spindle, find that T2 is in the spindle,Depending on what information is in .....

It might go back to the part,? spindle may start, it might not.

If the Machine tool pre-stages tools, depending on the logic of the controller, it might lock up the tool changer,it might switch tools, it might alarm out.

I would recommend a Mi switch in the post if you want somE activity to happen so you can decide at a specfic point where and how you want to handle this spefic event. You can add a G00G91G28Z0 then G91G29Y0 if you want the table to come back to the front. You could use some high workoffset and use that as a reference point or change point or stop point whatever. I don't add anything about wHAT the machine will dO becuase I feel that is covered I only offer this so you have a understanding Mastercam is very customizeable and though there are limits it can do some very trick and complex things to help you out on the machine to make your life and others lives easier.

HTH