Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Space pilot button mapping help

MattW

I am starting to customize my space pilot, so I am trying to map a button for the WCS manager. I can do that successfully, but every time I switch to a different application, whatever button the WCS manager was mapped to switches to the Operations Manager toggle. Actively saving the configuration doesn't help, and it does not do this in Solidworks, only MC. Other buttons seem to be sticking, but this might be the only button I had to go through the macro recording or whatever it took to get WCS manager as an option. Anybody else have something like this happen?

Matt Wallace

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

I've got one button the does the same to me also. I have not found anyway to get around it either.

Dunno what to tell you. Something just don't appear to like the Spaceball.

I'm not sure if it's an MC problem or a Spaceball prob

Matt,

I have a spaceball 4000 FLX - but I'm using the latest software. I have had problems as well with a button I mapped as translucent shading toggle, it keeps reverting back to OP Manager also.

I tried all the same tings as you - Ihavent found an answer yet myself. It may be 3Dconexion's software - although I havent had this problem on any other app. myself

Jason

• 3 years later...

I had this problem also.. After reading this thread I figured to give it another try.

I went into MX keymapping swapped the Alt+Q with Alt+M(or whatever you like) and then added the Alt+M to the macros config of the spacepilot and it seemed to stick I closed out Mx and restarted it wa s still there....

Give it a try ......

What I did was: 3Dconnexion control panel-Button configuration-Custom functions. I deleted all of the recorded functions and then reloaded what I wanted including the operations manager. I have never had a problem after that.