Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hor 5-axis post

DavidB

If B0 is Top whats is Front?

If I do a Horizontal 4-axis, B0 is FRONT B-90 left side B-180 Back b-90 or B270 right side.

Now I add a 5th axis to this same machine B0 is still front and an A90 will let me machine things in the Top plane where as before in the 4-axis config of the mavhine its not possible to machine.

David,

We've got a 5X Mitsui hortizontal.

The spindle runs parrallel to the Front Plane.

You draw and look at your parts just like they sit on the machine @A0 C0

Here's the catch.. you've got to set your

WCS to Front.

So..

WCS= Front, TP and CP = Top, you'd get A90 C0

if

WCS=Front, TP and CP = Front, you'd get A0 C0

I don't know why they did it like this, we bought the post and it works very well.

David,

I believe that the best way is to create your own tool planes sure use top for B0 A0 but create your own for all of the others. You can always use a template part and import your geometry into that and go from there.

I always work from the spindle axis that way it does not matter whether the machine is horizontal or vertical the toolpaths are still valid

David,

I have sent you back a sample file with G code and the post.

quote:

So what your saying is have the rotary that I sent you with the front view being the top view instead?

That is correct.

I always work with the spindle axis being the Z axis. Some do it this way others don't There is no right or wrong it is just a matter of preference.

My belief is that any program should work on any machine and always working from the Z axis allows this to happen. smile.gif

In the 4-axis post there is the option of the machine being Hor or Ver.Why cant the 5-axis post ask the same question.

I program my Hor 4-axis with Front T/C plane being B0, Right side being B90 , back being B180 and Left side being B-90 as I asume most do?

So why If I add a 5th axis to the same machine must I change the way it is Programed? Top is B0 because Mcam does not know the machine is Horizontal.

Thanks all

Greg taking a look at your post now thanks

[ 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: DavidB ]

The machine matrix was the key!

Anyone know what each line in the machine matrix erea of the post means, and what effect it has on the post??

code:

#Machine base matrix (Base matrix to map positions into)

matb1 : 1

matb2 : 0

matb3 : 0

matb4 : 0

matb5 : 0

matb6 : 1

matb7 : 0

matb8 : -1

matb9 : 0

The addresses are the direction of axes. If I´m right, the tutorial that can be found in the FTP explains very well this subject. When I read you doubt I imagined that matrix would solve your problem.

I´m glad to help. And glad to learn a lot also. This kind of topic really teach me alot