Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x again

picframe

Things get pretty tight running X on a 17 or even a 19 in monitor. I'm running a 20in Dell flatscreen. I've reduced the icons to one row of what I really use, minimize the ribbon bar

and I've almost got a V9 sized drawing space.

The new X layout is a lot like SolidWorks.

My SW setup has 2 a row of icons across the top

2 columns and the design tree on the left side

and another column on the right side. I've loss a lot of space to all this and it doesn't bother me at all.

In Mastercam it drives me nuts. I think part of it is the amount of data we display in the OPS Mangager. In SW I have the design tree window about an inch wide and its plenty.

In Mastermcan my OPS manager is 2 or 3 inches wide and it chews up a lot of real estate.

CNC Software listenes to their users and I believe we'll get a dockable OPS Manager back one of these days.

An Autohide OPS Manager like the Windows Task bar might be cool too.

In the meantime big flat screens are getting cheaper eveyday. Dell's got a 20in Wide screen for under $600 now, but they take a pretty highend card to run them.

gcode,

I got mine for:

---------------------------------------------

Order detail - order placed 2005-10-25 04:40:09

Ultra Sharp 2001FP 20.1 FP LCD Qty: 1

Unit Price: $488.00

Sub-Total $488.00

Shipping $36.00

Tax $36.68

Total $560.68

-----------------------------------------------

It was sold as a refurbished unit but was new in the box. A Dell rep told me that most of the time, it was just a monitor that was not accepted and most times unopened. This is what I was told at least. edit:/ I am running an FX 540 with great success.

Before this unit, I tried a Samsung 213T (21.3") I hated it and returned it. The respone time was so slow it drove me crazy immediately.

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Alt+O will hide the Operations Manager for when you're just drawing. biggrin.gif

1440 x 900 is Res. on my zd7000 laptop. Looks great. Not as great as a Sony Trinitron 21" w/ .22 DP, but then again my laptop takes up only about 25% of the real estate that MONITOR takes up.

If you are running 1024x768 then things are pretty tight. It gets even worse if you are running with large fonts or large DPI.

There are ways to control the information shown in the Toolpath Manager. Right-click, pick the display options and then turn off what you don't want to see.

Remember, that when the TP Mgr is open and some of the information is wider than the screen a tool-tip displays when you cursor is over that particular item.

We are looking into being able to handle the Operations Manager differently.