Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T What does "Bump" mean

CAMPOST

Hi folks, I did this ask in a thread and Gcode answered it for me, but I still without understand what does means. I see oftentimes here this expression on the topics. I´m not American, my native idiom is portuguese and sometimes I have some dificulties to understand some idiomatic expressions.Sorry for that. Can you explain me what does means this how I was a complet idiot?

Thanks in advance.

We use a :bump:

To push a topic back to the top of the list. Sometimes someone has a topic that did not recieve and adequate answer or mabye not an answer at all. So as the topic slides down the list they will :bump: it back up so more people see it.

The threads are listed in chronilogical order. The threads with the most recent posts are at the top.

By posting a "bump" to a thread you are moveng it to the top. You don't have to actualy bump any post to a thread will move it up.

People use the "bump" and it is commonly understood that they just want more input.

Does that make it any clearer?

HTH