Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

quote:

On another note, why is it that my level manager only shows level 1 and no others?

It means there are no entities or name for the other levels. Once you name a level it should always appear if you have used and #ed levels active.

You could also create a .csv file(excel) with levels pre-named and load that into X

Then you would have prenamed levels and you'd alwys be working to the same levels.

Kind of like starting a good habit

smile.gif

quote:

It means there are no entities or name for the other levels. Once you name a level it should always appear if you have used and #ed levels active.

Only the active level or levels that were previously typed into the drop down list window will show in the drop down list. Not any named (or otherwise) level that exists in the file.

quote:

quote:

Only the active level or levels that were previously typed into the drop down list window will show in the drop down list. Not any named (or otherwise) level that exists in the file.

Thus the difference between the levels manager (what the OP called it) and the levels drop down. Or is it a drop up? biggrin.gif

Thad

It would be nice if the drop down list contained all levels, not just those recently entered.

It would also be nice if you could select the level by selecting an entity already at that level.

I find myself creating geometry in the wrong level and having to move it all the time.

quote:

It would be nice if the drop down list contained all levels, not just those recently entered.

+1

quote:

It would also be nice if you could select the level by selecting an entity already at that level.

Click on Attributes>>same as>>select entity, and that will set the main level to the same as that entity. Not exactly straight forward way to do it, but it is possible.

quote:

quote:

bbrown,

Just found:

1)open level manager

2)click on white arrow to the left of the green

check mark

3)select entity

This sets the main level to the entity selected.

Hope that helps.

Thanks brilu397. I was aware of that.

What I was suggesting was the ability to click on an entity in the graphics window as a way selecting the current level without having to open the level manager. I.e. if the current level was 1 and entity x was at level 2, just clicking on x would set the level to 2.

Sometimes it's hard to remember what level things are at. Yes you could analyze the entity to find the level, then set it accordingly. This just saves 2 steps. Not a behavior for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John, I'd be interested in looking at that .csv file too. I'm also curious if anyone knows how to stop the level manager from sorting the levels. When I type in a new level it sorts the whole column of numbers and puts the level I'm naming at the top. I use the level manager extensively and when I open it up I want to see the levels listed from lowest to the highest in the manager. I NEVER have a need to see the levels in any order other than lowest to highest. Does anyone know if this is a function that can be set and left alone?