Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dekal Maho DMU 50 E

GREG

• 1 month later...

Been there done that.

We hope to be upgraading soon, but have to wait for the new computer and network to be purchased and installed. Also dont know if V9 is available in German yet. We use the German version. Job is here and now, basically a strangly angled chamfer.

I must say then, that Mastercam are extremely generous. With V9 they give you a 5Axis generic Post. And yes I would like a free 5axis post.

Tell your governor how good you think a peice of software is, then explain to him in detail the in and out of having such a exellent package, and he will go away and think about it. If you can show him what the software can do, then 9 time out of 10, you get what you want. That is if he is generous with his money.

My personal opinion only.

May be that if posts were free more seats of Mastercam would be sold .

It was hard work to justify getting Mastercam in the first place then the $$ to upgrade to level 3.

And now more $$$ to get a post that works.

May be the 5axis M/c supplier shiuld produce the goods.

Just a thought.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Here we go again. 5 axis posts, grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Get V9, and modify the post to your liking. Read and understand the notes at the top of the post before you even attempt to modify anything.

So many complain about posts, and yet Mastercam has one of the most user friendly (or user customisable) post processors out there. I know several people with Gibbs who have a far harder time getting a post procesor anywhere near the output they require, without having to part with a lot of money. As most people with any knowledge of posts will attest, the best way is to take a post close to the output, and experiment. Thats how I learnt. And the concept of a machine tool supplier providing the post is ridiculous, unless they are tied in with the CAM software (ie they supply that as well). Imagine a MAchine tool supplier being prepared to supply a post for every program out there (and there is a few of them)

I still feel Mastercam is still one of the most cost effective CAM systems out there.

Pip.

We at Cimco have done postprocessors for almost any Deckel-Maho 5axis Machine and sold quit a few in Switzeland. And I'm sure, if you contact your Mastercam VAR, he can provide you with a DMU 60U Postprocessor.

But there is no such thing as a free 5axis post. Or a generic Deckel-Maho post (HeidenhainMillplus or HeidenhainTNC430 ?) with toolplanes, limits, feedratecontrol, intemediate coordinates and retracts. A new postprocessor has to be writen for every new machinetype and DeckelMaho has a lot of different machines.

Cimco has, over the years, developed a configurable Postprocessor, that makes this task a little easier. But it's still a job for a trained man or woman.

Best Regards

Claus@Cimco

I will newer understand why companies pays €$200K+ for 5axis machine, but don't wan't a spend a few thousands for a Postprocessor. In my point of view, its like buying a complet set of golf clubs but no balls.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I will newer understand why companies pays €$200K+ for 5axis machine, but don't wan't a spend a few thousands for a Postprocessor

Or when people will buy a HSM with a 20,000 RPM Spindle and put $100 unbalanced holders in it.

Claus@Cimco

Unfortunetly our companies is not really interested in a 5 Axis Post, as we do not do enough 5 Axis work to warant buying one. It is purely a personal interest thing at the moment, and if I can get 1 to try, and to modify then I will have increased my knowledge, and therefore improved my ability.