Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX transform toolpath

Ivan

Well guess they @#$!% up the transform toolpath too didn't they. I'm sorry folks but MCX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been using MC since R4 and this is the worst upgrade I have ever seen. A total piece of @#$!

CNC Software should be ashamed for pushing this crap off on their customers. JESUS CHRIST!

quote:

CNC Software should be ashamed for pushing this crap off on their customers. JESUS CHRIST!

You should be ashamed about piping off on a feature I use everyday and that YOU just have NOT learned how to use.

Have a NICE day

I think we've just had an Ivan the terrible moment

I use transform quite often too and haven't had a problem. In fact, I think it's laid out better in X than it was in 9.

Ivan, if you explain specifically what it will or will not do for you I'm sure someone will help you. I know it's frustrating at times, and spouting off about problems we have does make us feel better, but simply ranting and raving about it doesn't solve the problem. If you can give some details you will get some answers. wink.gif

Well I see you are having a GREAT Friday morning.

Now do you want to tell us what happened or just tell us it sucks and you don't wnat the people like us that have used the feature with successe to see if we can help or if it is a true issue with the software.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont think Jesus is one of thier customers...

he could probably help with your temper though.

OK, it's offical Ivan says MCX s**ks

CNC let's go back to V9 we might as well dump this while we can all still recover.

We've been drinking the Kool-aid but now since Ivan has spoken up again with such insightful and thoughtful direction, I decided to put X(Kool-aid) down.

I would suggest the rest of you insane folks follow me back to V9.

Heck I meight even re-install V8, have that around here somewhere.

Ivans leading the charge and I'll follow him, who's with us?

cuckoo.gif

:headshake:

You putz

even after this ....

quote:

CNC shows what type of company they are and they still want to help you out .... Hurray for CNC software to stand behind there products ..not many companys out there like this.

quote:

Do have anything to offer so that we may help you? The guys here are great, and I'm sure we can figure out your problem.

Man I can't belive that there still willing to help after what you said. Again CNC SOFTWARE is the tops ...hats off to you all you guys....

Dave Ferraro

Wow. This is indeed a show. Any popcorn left at this point?

Ivan, myself, as many others, use this feature alot, and although I am still learning and what not, I have never had a such a large problem as you would lead us to believe that you are having with it.

Asking for help goes a long way. Being a 'putz' (I like that, John) doesn't get you very far around here.

UMMMMM...they're both right. tongue.gif

putz:

NOUN:

1. Slang: A fool; an idiot.

2. Vulgar Slang: A xxxx.

dick:

NOUN:

1 British Slang : FELLOW, CHAP

2 Vulgar Slang : xxxx

OK...now that we've had our fun, we really can help Ivan with his transform toolpath problem if he still wants help. biggrin.gif

Maybe he got confused with the Views option in the Translate parameters tab. It probably could have been written better.

61305348-L.jpg

What it attempts to explain is what happens when you do not enable the From view and To view options. If these are not enabled, the "from" and "to" views are extracted from the source operations toolplanes (the 1014 lines in the respective op's NCI section) that are embedded in the transform operation.

For example: if you are transforming 2 operations, the 1st a contour in the right side tool plane and another in the front toolplane, and if you do not enable these options, your operations will be tranformed along those views. If you turn on these options and say both the to and from views are TOP, then they will be transformed along the TOP view. You will get 2 drastically different results.

I always turn them on.

Posted in 21.02.2006

---------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have a problem with transform mirror toolpath for surfaces:

When check “create new operations and geometries” the surfaces isn’t copied(in mirror) and the operation is “dirty”. If I try to regenerate don’t work.(error message...."the operation had 0 toolpath entites remainig")

When I check geometry for the transformed operation I have 0(zero) drive surfaces !

I must Xform mirror copy surface, check the surface xformed(for drive surface), regenerate and operation is clean,

Why don't work direct in transform toolpath?

Where I missing?

Thanks…

ps MR1/SP2

--------------------------------------------------

Ray

I want to see your answer !

xmisu,

quote:

Ray

I want to see your answer !

I know, I'm not Ray but try this.

Try checking

Create new operation and geometry

Keep this transform operation

Copy source operations

Disable posting in slected sourse op.

This method works everytime I've tried it.