Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chaining

sherjatt1

We use MasterCam 9.1 for our machining. I converted a drawing done in Inventor and when i was chaining the bottom of a filleted pocket i notice it wont let me with a message saying not a close boundry.

i remember in school we have done something to make the chaining work. can someone please help me with that. thank you in advance for helping me.

Jay

Welcome to the forum

I think theres probably overlapping arcs and lines ..or no trimmed correctly. Try analyze chain or use the chook "findoverlap". the chook will show you where the problem is. If that fails (both) then I would look carefully at the endpoints of all the enties in the chain to make sure there trimmed. That should help

Dave Ferraro

The first thing I do when I have a chaining problem is delete all duplicates.

If that doesn't fix it I'll change colors and chain for selection

Then you can tell exactly where the problem is

and fix it.

Since this is imported geometry, it may be silght off on z level. A couple of tenths can screw things up. Tyr anylizing a couple of entites and see if they are on the same Z level.

If not use the "squash" function to fix it.

quote:

i duplicate the whole pocket witha window now i cant select anything for that pocket. its not saved yet so i am still safe

I don't understand what you mean by this. Maybe you can "undo" it. ???

What version are you using?

Thad