Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X certification questions fileded here!

Ray H.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it will soon be available everywhere.

What the program is going to do is bring a set standard to users of Mastercam. Like mechanics have ASE Certification, we will have this. You can go to our website and read about the 2 types of certification. There is a broad standard certification as well as a specialized program for larger Corporations who would like a specific curriculum for their particular industry.

This is a bonafied program that, on compelting the test with a satisfactory score your part that you programmed and an operator will have run for you will be on file. By this I mean that a prospective employer can call up the Certification Headquarters ask if your part is on file and if you have the Certification card or not the Part will physically be sitting on a shelf in an archive. So even if you lose the card, your Certification can and always will be proven by a mere phone call.

SO as New releases like X2 come out there will be Certification upgrades to show employers that you are keeping up with the times and technically.

Spade

You would probably contact your dealer.We are having our first Certification program here at Shopwareinc. next month. Mike Freimann is coming here to teach the class as well as our instructors the curriculum.

This program has received alot of buzz and should really take off in the industry.

As for availability in your area I wouldn't know, sorry.

is there a list of areas where this has already been launched and places its soon to land. I have been planning to go to the update to X classes offered at In house but would definitely prefer to collect a certificat that will be databased and used as a norm and it sems silly to pay twice for basically the same thing

concept

It really is two different things

I teach the classes here in IL. The Intro class is a comprehensive class dealing with design and the new user interface. Then then next class is the Mill1 class. The update class is completely different, It basically goes through things that changed as well as the interface. IE new toolpaths,surfacing,dialogs,converters and other changes. Though it really doesn't teach the new X interface. Basically it is the design and general selection ares that have changed the most. I fully think that if you are proficient in 9.1 you should not have a problem. Though What I am saying is that the Cert. Program is not a training class. It is more like a comprehensive exam. Or see it as the SAT class and then the 4th day is your SAT.

So in closing I do not Know of a list of states or dealers who are sponsoring this program as of yet.

quote:

How about post programming?

This would be something I would be interested in; a generic "This is a post, this is how it works, if you do this, you might get lucky and it will do something you think you want it to do" class would be wonderfull.

I taken the classes before and there great dont get me wrong, but we are in need of some real nuts and bolts classes, not just the drafting and toolpath creation of using MCam. How about something that gets into creating canned text and Custom Drill cycles, some of the lesser used funtions would be great to have someone walk you through. Show me how the Machine Definition manager and the Control work with the post to get out what I want instead of just a shot in the dark. This is what I would be willing to spend my money on, on my time; There is a need for classes on this level, for the rest of us stuck in the middle of Computer Guru and "I do pretty good with what I know" people.

If there are such classes available, I have never recieved any information about them; just the standard " This is MCam and this is what it does" classes and if you want to come back on Friday well show how to use wire and lathe too.

Sorry for the run on, but I feel before certification there should be more education available to the users that are expected to be certified. How can you be a journeyman if youve never went anywhere?

Food for thought. headscratch.gif