Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FADAL POST HELP

haroldm

Hey all,

i have always recieved top notch help from you guys in this forum, so i hope to recieve the same today. wink.gif

Recently my company purchased metacut, and although it is fine for what it does, it has a problem with my Fadal post. before i make some changes, i want to make sure I need to do this to fix the problem.

basically my Fadal post is inserting a Z0 command before the tool, and Metacut reads this like "wow, a new tool!" and visually shows a material gouge. Now i know that is not what really happens, Mastercam does not show this same problem, and i am not sure if my machine actually needs this command for something. Here is a sample:

11 ( C/D

N12 G8

N13 G0 G40 G80 G90

N14 X0. Y0.

N15 Z0.

N16 T01 M6

N17 E1 G0 G90 X8.81807 Y2.02551

N18 S9355 M3

Notice line N15..what does it do that, and can i safely take that out of my post? Thank you for all of your help. smile.gif

Are you running format 1 or format 2?

Our posted code looks like this.

code:

N1 O0001 ( 1FLX1193-1 D51 )

N2(CREATED ON 03-31-06 AT 9:23 AM )

N3G0G17G40G80G90H0E0Z0

N4(2.0 TAG W/ .062 RADS)

N5(STEP, 2.0 TAG, PRG1)

N6T1M6

N7G0G90S1200M3X-.3Y1.25

N8H1Z6.

N9G8

N10Z4.27

N11G1Z4.1109F40.

N12Y0.

N13Y-3.5

N14Y-4.75

The G8 will give you smooth moves, instead of a start and stop at each line of code. In case you ever wanted an exact stop, use a G9, the default setting on Fadals.

Thad

Thad,

Is the control really reading the G0 and G17 in line N3? I thought the it only can read 3 g codes per line and takes the last 3 it sees.

concepttool,

fadal can use a G54 or an E1.

haroldm,

if your at home or above the part when u start the program it will. its when the spindle is down to start with that u may have a problem.

quote:

Is the control really reading the G0 and G17 in line N3? I thought the it only can read 3 g codes per line and takes the last 3 it sees.

Probably not. Those are the machine defaults anyway. The original post off the CD had the codes in it and we just left it there...just because. biggrin.gif

quote:

if your at home or above the part when u start the program it will. its when the spindle is down to start with that u may have a problem.

Our Fadals always go to the home location before running a program. I'm not sure if it's because we use all those prep codes like the machine likes (if using the Functions in the control) or if it's hard coded in the machine. So, in our case anyway, it doesn't matter where the tool is when the program starts. The first thing that happens is the tool returns to Z0, then X0Y0.

Thad

Hey Thad,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your post, or is it machine specific? I am willing to try anything. My boss is really pushing this Metacut thing, but we cannot use it with our Fadals, because of that Z0 issue. I could get it taken out, but I am not sure where to begin with that.

Thanks for all of the help guys.