Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X-TIPS AND TRICKS

I finally started using X. We have had since it release and been to busy to change over. Programmed my fisrt part and like the outcome.

I know it maybe a broad topic but like to start a Tips and Tricks Topic on what they have figured different from V9 that may not cover in manuals or through training. Any bit of info helps.

Thanks

Bill

hope these make since, their in my shorthand biggrin.gif

Circle-Edge-Point= tangent to 3

Toggle Hot keys for drafting...

A- puts arrows on inside or outside (toggle)

C- snaps dimension to center

R- toggles diameter to radius dimension

D- toggles radius to diameter dimension

Break @ Midpoint?

Break function active (last radio button)/then break to point.

*backwards fillet* (how else to describe?)

-arc fillet remove/trim entity.

Hands tired.

quote:

customize your rightclick menu with the ops that you use the most....!

This is the place where most people who complain about mouse clicks vs keyboarding have dropped the ball. Spend the time to customize your RMB you will NOT be sorry. I have no toolbars in my setup except for the File, Autocursor and general selection bars and the MRU on the right very minimalist otherwise.

If you are really interested in 2 handed programming spend the coin on a Spaceball www.3dconnexion.com

add the programming of the buttons on that tool and you will only have to use the keyboard to enter numbers.

Spend the time to configure for YOUR needs and you will not be sorry.

quote:

Bob do you use the software in this way at all?

I just started using X exclusively late last week (I've been a Mastercam user since 1992), and yes, I use the keyboard for as much as possible and only navigate menus with the mouse to find out what key strokes will get me where I need to go. The only toolbars I use are expanded drafting (drafting functions are to deep in the menus) and shading.

Heres a question, How many of you use the Default instaled bars?

And how many of you go in and make major changes to it because you use them alott?

I know I add a few new bars like X+ and Moldplus bars but 99% of the time they are not on unless needed then just a right click away to add them.

I also added to more buttons one ie the Hole Axis and Silhouette Boundry.