Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

frustration

GS

quote:

With all of these problems does anyone bother to send the offending files off to QC so they might have a look at what is going on?

It's totally random. I have backups and could have sent them to QC but what would be the point ? If they can't duplicate it they can't fix it. I just hope they're paying attention to all those crash reports generated by the "gray you're screwed box".

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a backup copy chook by me, which creates backup copy file when you save a file. cheers.gif

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/C-hooks/backupcpy.zip

Usage:

Copy the backupcpy.dll and backupcpy.ft files to your chooks folder.

That's all.

DISCLAIMER cool.gif

WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE bonk.gif

quote:

----------------------------------

I hooked a function to savefile.

1. remove the previous backup file if it exists.

2. create copy of the previous file renaming like file_backup.mcx

3. Mastercam writes a new file.mcx

---------------------------------

If we click save and click save again (two time), it create the backup file same as current file.

That is exactly what We would like to have.

Thank again MasterShake,

Paul

+1 to Paul. That would be a true backup file. wink.gif

As it stands, you could open up a file in the morning, work on it all day, and click save before you go home. Your "backup" file would not have any of your work saved with it. eek.gif

Thad

Thad

Maybe it is not right for your point. But it is right for me.

First, how many time you save your file a day? I think more than one ! if you save more than one time you already have backup file.

Second, sometime I saved my file, and next morning I open the file, the filename there but 0 bye, file corrupted ...or I deleted some geo, toolpath operations accidentally and saved the file... whatever reasons.

At least I have a previous good one.

It would be nice, if Mr MasterShake add the option in the C-hook for muti backup files

Ex: file_backup1.mcx file_backup2.mcx ...

Thanks

Paul

Yes, I do save my file more than once a day. Typically I save after each operation. Call me kooky. smile.gif

My point was that if it's not creating a backup (copy is a more appropriate word) of the same file that it's currently saving, then the backup is of little use to me. I want a backup of the last saved file, not the file 2 saves ago. If that suits your needs, then it's a great little tool. cheers.gif for sharing, Master Shake.

I thought we agreed on that. I must've misunderstood you.

Thad

Hi Mr MasterShake,

You got it, You did excellent job.

If you add one more little thing in this c-hook, I hope everybody happy with it.

Now, because you added muti backup files option. So you can change:

When you click save (one time)

file backup1 = the current file on screen

file backup2 = the previous one (file backup1)

file backup3 = file backup2

Thanks again

Paul