Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SURFACE ROUGH pocket

HEAVY METAL

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy,

actually, when I saw where you were wanting them, I went another direction, sorry to confuse you....although the Coons would work as well. On the top surf, first i created edge curves on all edges. Then I Un-Trimmed the original surface, and Re-Trimmed it to the outside, or boundary curves. On the bottom half, I created edge curves on the edges next to the hole, and did simple Ruled surfaces. At the very bottom, there is a very small surface,.....That is a Coons Patch using two edge curves and two points to create it. The Coons Patch is a neat surface to use for odd areas, once you learn how to construct it... selection order is critical. Look in your Help File for "Creating A Coons Surface" Once you learn how to do it, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it!

HTH

i was able to get the top surface like you explained lacky but having trouble with the bottom surface. that way of creating edge curves i didnt know about thanks i will use that in future . i used to select chain the wire frame and save to another level that was a pain.that will really come in handy