Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis software

Chipmakr

We have a Matsuura MAM72-63v 5 axis and use Camplete. This is our 1st 5 axis and I have been programing it aprox 4 months. I have been through CNC software training for Mastercam 5 axis by one of there top guru's, Mike Rosa. WE bought the machine from Methods Machine Tool and the software was included, in fact they insisted. I was trained on Camplete software by one of Methods top 5 axis guru, Mike Kaminski. We love our Matsuura and wouldn't even think about programing it without Camplete.

What would you like to know?

Tony

Ask Mike Kaminski (or anyone at Methods) what he thinks of mastercam, lol.

Camplete is some pretty slick stuff. We got our Matsuura 6 months before it came out (camplete) and I have yet to talk the boss into buying it (it does cost $$$). The way it optimizes feedrates is its best feature as a post processor. The way it simulates the machine will prevent crashes. I know that when we get another 5 axis this will be part of the deal.

Camaix toolpaths are to be included in MR2, but not the post or machine simulator ( I think)

TNANNI this is the way Mikron has presented it to us, their not insisting we buy Camplete. But the fact that they use MasterCam and feed the NCI into Camplete for simulating and posting gives us alot of confidence in this combination.

Not to mention the level of support they will be able to provide us. This is our first five axis machine as well. We are getting a 7 pallet changer, laser tool touch off, probe, thru spindle coolant, oil mist, remote notifiaction system, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

With the new stuff coming out in MC and the package we are getting from Mikron we will have alot of tools at our disposal to make this machine sing.

Chipmakr

Sounds like an awesome machine. In the scope of things the cost of Camplete might be a wash. When we were looking to buy our 5axis service and support was top on the list, in fact Methods agreed to send in one of their techs to help get the 1st couple of jobs running.

I had no experience programming 5 axes 4 months ago and now I can’t imagine not having Camplete. The posting is up to the machine dealer not a Camplete problem. Camplete levels feed rates for a smooth 5-axis motion, key for surface finishes and accurate parts, not a strong point with Mastercam. Camplete also is a very good visualization tool. If the machine dealer sets it up the machine kinematics correctly it will detect crashes and over travels. Camplete also does many other things I don’t have time to discuss.

This deal has to be a partnership between you the machine dealer. If they have Mastercam and Camplete experience and they are willing to help it sounds like a home run.

Good luck

Tony

I would have to say Mastercam does a very nice job with the 5-Axis stuff... and with the new 5-Axis googdies coming very soon... it should be even better.

As for surface finish and surface feedrate... we are using Inverse Time with 5-Axis toolpaths for porting Cylinder Heads... and teh results are fantastic!

For those that don't have the Beta software, just wait for the MR2 to come before making any judgement...

Hi,

Camplete is good,the software is called Truepath, i am using it for quite some time,you can see the toolpaths,the machine as how it is actually going to run,collision control,you can make you own tool holders,own tools,it does toolpath optimisation,i feel that if you are going for a mikron 5-axis,truepath is the best.

thanks

Sheldon

Wow...word travels fast. Bet you can't guess who this is. redface.gif

The guys at Mastercam have worked very closely with our company and have a great support team. We have a large customer base using Mastercam. If we're going to name drop, Mike Rosa is a really great guy at Mastercam for there five axis strategies.

Version X, way to go! Much improvement over past versions and with guys like Mike Rosa this software will only get better.

Our campanies goal is to really keep 5-axis simple.

TNANNI is a perfect example.

JMC we'll get you working sooner or later, thanks for your patience.

Chipmakr,

CAMplete's software is an outstanding tool for posting, optimizing, simulating, and collision checking your 5 axis toolpaths. I have been using this software for a few years now, and I would be totally lost without it. DO NOT buy the Mikron without CAMplete's Truepath software.

• 2 months later...

Well our new machine has arrived.

We had 11 CNC machines on the floor when we started this(9 of those were moved to new locations within the shop during this move) we now have 10. We got rid of three older machines and bought 2 new ones.

Here are a couple of pics of the mess during the move:

DSCN0560.JPG

DSCN0534.JPG

Here is a shot of the shop with most of the stuff out of it.

DSCN0546.JPG

Here is the new pallet changer for the 5 axis Mikron sitting in the parking lot:

DSCN0564.JPG

And here ios the new Mikron being placed in the door by the crane:

DSCN0569.JPG

Lots of new stuff now we just have to get caught up with the work load. cheers.gif