Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 wish list.

RandleXX

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parametric modelling (Can't be too hard, Alibre is about $2k)

Assemblies (As above)

Holder library for ALL toolpaths (OneCNC does this well :flamesuit on:)

Stock, fixture, clamp recognition (We define one solid for verify, why not more than one?)

How come you can bye a Cad design program ( parameteric as well )with all the options for the same price its going to cost me to just a SOLIDS licence for mastercam.....it just don't add up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

How come you can bye a Cad design program ( parameteric as well )with all the options for the same price its going to cost me to just a SOLIDS licence for mastercam.....it just don't add up

the cad system doesn't have to know how to machine a solid. It only has to know how to builid one. Mastercam is as reasonably priced as any Cam software with solids, that I've used.

But I would love for it to have solid assemblies and the full functionality of the parasolid kernel.

Thad,

quote:

In the backplot dialog box where it displays toolpaths, I'd like to be able to select different toolpaths from there to backplot.

I think I know what you're asking and we decided not to do that. You can take all your operations (or as many you think you may wish to plot) into backplot and once in there you can select which of them you want to plot.

quote:

David,

When I enter the Chain Manager all the chains are highlighted and the start position/direction arrows are displayed. When I select ‘Rechain All’ the chain highlighting goes away (the arrows are still displayed). What else are you looking for?

I have a Blue chain as Geom, my selection color is white.

I hit the Geom tab in the toolpath it opens the chain manager,I right mouse click Rechain all. The Geom on the screen is still white with arrows. F3 in V9 would clear screen and the Geom would return to it's original color.I would like X to do the same

Thanks

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I will try to provide them with a file, but most of the jobs at the shop here are not meant for everyones eyes...

You can rest assured that CNC DOES NOT EVER share the files we send them with anyone, ESPECIALLY when you let them know the part is "sensitive". I have the utmost conficence in their ability to keep things confidential. Send those files and get permission if you need to so you don't end up in trouble.

We'll look into that for the future, however the main things we are looking for getting fixed are the surfaces changing levels when trimmingextendedremoving boundaries. That and surfaces from solid made in the color they are supposed to be made. Other than that we've been rocking pretty good here as of late. One computer crashes usually once in the morning, but is fine through the rest of the day. This is obviously a hardware situation.

One thing I thought of as I was just sitting here looking at a part; When going to surface off of a solid, with surfacing from a surface, you can see only the surfaces.....Is there any way to make it so that when you create a surface op off a solid face, it will only show the face geometries as a different color? That or change the color of solid faces? Also, when you do a surface op based off of surfaces, you can do a window to select what surfaces you want to use as geometry.....any possibility to make it that way with surfacing based off of solid faces?

Just a few thoughtsideas.

Andrew