Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

verify mc or vericut

phil darcy

John,

how good of a job would say mc verify does and do you feel its worth getting.

I want somthing for 5axes but I don,t want to end up wishing I had got something else.

Some times some add ons don,t quite work as they should.

I guess vericut is top of the line ?

Thaks,

the MC verify is simply an add on to the verify you currently have, it just allows you to see in true solids the motion and be able to move around the part and see the motion. Same abilites as you currently have, except 4th and 5th axis.

Phil,

The difference in price between MC 4/5 verify and a seat of Vericut is monumental. Vericut allows you to define machine kinematice and verifis actual G code, MC goes through the .nci file.

I bought it to be able to visualize my 4th axis toolpaths, although if you miss a T plane it can visually verify as correct and still be wrong in the code. SO you have to be careful in that respect.

Vericut is a big investment in not only money but in time. You need the time to get your machines down right and you need time to learn the software and get good at it. This is not a the kind of software you can just learn by trial and error there is a bit of a learning curve. Its great software but if you try to use it halfway you will hate it.

If you and your company are new to 5 axis and you do not plan on adding differnt types of 5 axis machines in the near future you might want to look at the Camaix stuff. They supply a post and simulator which they build for your machine and set up for turn key and it requires a hour of training and your good to go. It cost a good bit more then Mastercam Adv Verify and good deal less then Vericut. IMO its perfect for a begineer cause you can focus on your 5 axis operation not learning simulator software.

Vericut! It's really isn't hard IF you go to the training - DC Corn is absolutly right - not a good trail and error learning softare.

But once Vericut is setup it's a piec of cake to use.

It is pricy, but you know the old saying - you get what you pay for!

Kathy

I have to echo what Kathy said.

It is pricy but for us it has paid for itself probably within 6 months.

Training is definitely worth it. I went to the 5 day training course and it was worth it.

There's alot to learn and practice makes it easier.

I also have to add that their tech support is tops. They are always ready to help.

Joey

We got it mainly for our 5th axis work. I'm in the middle of creating a thermwood 5th axis router for Vericut and whenever I get stuck, I call and the tech support is there with the answer.

I have had the training and I love vericut but I think someone that is new to 5 axis should be able to focus on the 5 axis code. The 5 axis way of thinking can be a tuff and I do not just mean in mastercam. Just the processing of the parts cause in many cases the part themselfs get a lot more involved. If phil had other people using Vericut at his site and he could simple be a user I would say go for it. But since he is asking the question here I assume that is not the case. I think asking someone to learn how to process 5 axis parts learn Mastercam 5 axis and most likly solids and Vericut with only phone support while a new machine is waiting for work is a bit much to ask. Just my opinion.