Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hot keys

X User

quote:

yet the gview, planes, levels etc. are locked in one location, which happens to be the location Windows uses by default.

The Windows default also happens to be an un-hid taskbar. If you choose to customize your Windows setup, then deal with the consequences. wink.gif

Thad

quote:

Why go through all that when I used to be able to hit 2 key strokes and change it to either top , or side

Because it doesn't work like that anymore.

quote:

...should I just stop crying?

I was about to mention something along those lines. biggrin.gif

Thad

There is a half a$$ed way

Go the Settings/Configuration/CAD Settings

and put a check next to

"Update Cpalane and Tplane when changing Gview"

Then you can use ALT1,ALT2, ALT3, etc to change

all three at once.

I find this quite useful when drawing a lot of 3D geometry.

I also like to have my Task bar hidden, I however realize that Windows and MC are what they are..... To make a long story short I simply use the "Restore down" function for the window then drag it to the maximum size that is out of reach of the task bar... took a hole 1hr to get used to, now it seems as if that is where the window belongs..

Happy Fathers Day all.......

quote:

MCX still moves around

are you referring to toolbars bouncing around?

I have trouble with that when switching from a lathe to a mill file, or opening someone elses file.

If so, get them the way you want them,

Right click an empty space in a toolbar

and open Toolbar State.

In the empty field int he upper left type

"My Toolbar" or any other name, then clcik "Save"

and then exit.

Now right click in an emprt space and choose

the Load Toolbar State flyout.

You will see the new toolbar you just made.

When X decides to rearrange your tool bars you can

load "My Toolbars" without having to shut down.

This is what I mean about MC moving.I start MC it fits perfect, I open a file and now MC has moved and I can not see the bottom ribbon bar. I have to shut MC down resart.

screenmove.jpg

gcode,

The last two icons I have on my screen,CIMCO,and Siloutte boundry.They do not stick where they are when I open a file they move which moves MC and I can not see the bottom MC ribbon bar.

I have these twom Icons set in my Loaded toolpath states,I dont know why they will not stick.

David,

You're MC window isn't maximized. Can't you drag the window so the bottom of the MC interface shows? Or run in maximized? Without the window maximized, it can be dragged anywhere, including all the way off the screen, except for a tiny bit that you can still click on.

Thad

Thad I'm sorry for calling you a BETA Tester, It just seems like you have this "live with it" attitude and well isn't this forum here to improve, provide info and help MasterCAM users get the most out of the software... I guess if we were all robots we would all do it the same way and nothing would ever change and not a single complaint would ever be spoken, nothing would ever get improved upon, nothing would be invented nothing would change.

This forum could be about Buterflies and Nursery Rhymes but it is not, and I for one strive to find a better, more efficient, simpler way to Machiine and design parts. I come here to find out new ways, to utilize MCAM to do this and I find it quite counter-productive when many of the people on this forum are very closed minded and I find it hard to believe those people can be very good machinists as looking at a task from many different angles is what allow a good machinist to build parts the next guy can't besides continuing to find new ways to approach a task is what will continue to improve technology far into the future.

quote:

I wise man once told me "you can't learn anything when you are the only one talking" so why is it membership status on this forum is based on how much you say and not on how much you have read?

TargrpSTI

Should we have a posts read count?

quote:

Thad I'm sorry for calling you a BETA Tester,

WOW, what an insult Thad. He actually called you a beta tester and you let him get away with it.

OMG

What is this forum coming to??

4_18_5.gif

DavidB's screen moving thing looks really wierd to me. I've never seen anything quite like it. If you notice the window control buttons in the upper right corner, thay're saying that the window is maximized. It looks like some kind of screen wrap. The lower right corner of his screen shows the left edge of the start button, above which are what appear to be desktop icon titles that should probably be against the left edge of the screen. My question would be what video card, driver version, and dual monitor settings are used? I'm doing dual monitor, and I have mine set to span. If I maximize it will be across both screens. Just as a test I switched to "dual view" and tried opening a file. It didn't move anything.

Back to the original question, I have my hot keys set to semi-match the view minipulation keys. Alt1 for gview top and ctrl1 cplane top, alt2 and ctrl2, alt5 and ctrl5. Ctrl7 I have mapped for the command "construction plane by name". These are in the key mapping category, construction plane. Hope this is more of what you are seeking.