Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

why can't I get at the communications parameters

Chris Rizzo

Sorry, should have clarified a bit. After you post and the editor opens, I click on the little yellow icon of the serial port, and nothing happens. Also, communications> configuration does nothing, neither does f12. All of which are I think trying to access the same feature.

Going into the settings via mcx and external communications they are accessable there.

EDIT:

they also are accessable in the .cd. However I can't get at the settings from the editor alone. ..I'm trying to troubleshoot communications with a new machine and can't even see what the heck the setting are in the editor! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Chris,

Have you tried the DOS style communications button? This would let you communicate with the version 9 style communicator. Every setting would then be on the dialog box...

GO TO:

Settings - Customize

Select the File option from the Category drop down list.

There should be a button that looks like a serial cable end (yellow plug). Drag this button to an existing toolbar or create a new one.

Save this in your toolbar states.

When you press the button from inside Mastercam the communications dialog box of yore will appear.

Hope that helps Chris,

Colin

ok, try this. open two or three sessions of mcx. Have different machine defs. in each file. Post some operations from each file, and have edit selected......

now the editor should be open with a few different .nc files. try to send those files to various machines.... Here's where I'm stuck. Clicking on the yellow icon and I can't get into any of the parameters, or even see where I might be sending something. The transfer status window also is "dead", the little scroll down thingy where you can select differnet machines.

Chris,

Try going to the "Communicate" menu at the top of the menu screen. From there you should be able to access the configuration menu, send, and recieve. Are you saying that this feature isn't working? When I press "configure" I get a dialog box with a menu that says settings on the left side. I can get to this window no matter how many files I have open. Did you try to repair Mastercam? It could be a problem with the installation of the editor. Just a thought....

Thanks,

Colin