Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

make circle tangent to 2lines

Ashan

John,

Even though ashan's question might be answered, why can't there be an icon in the Create Circle Tangent group that does a full circle, when you choose two entities it is asking for a radius, so why can't the same be true for a full radius. To me this is more logical than creating a fillet with a full circle.

Just my .02

b_daddy, I upgraded to X in last one month only, and in my opinion it has made things simpler and straight, in v9 there was 2 entity tan and fillet both existet as well but in x it is given as a single option, ie. no repetition of command, just like fillet command till v9 it existed in create and modify menu both, headscratch.gif but now it's just single option and that's great, JMHO.

I agree with b_daddy!

Look at the icon for "Create arc Tangent" on the main toolbar. It looks like a closed arc tagent to two entities to me so, that is what I would assume I would be able to create.

I would like to see the full circle option there also.

del,

Yes, I understand but it is just the icon that bothers me. Probably because when I first got into X the icon seemed logical to want to create a full circle tangent to two enties. When I tried to create a full arc I could'nt and got frustrated until I figured out the fillet route.

The icon man, it just is not right, it just isn't right!

Prozac, prozac...ok, I am better now.