Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

all entities in my mcx file.gone suddenly .

Lstar

I have done my job almost finish in X,there are around 80 operations, suddenly i found there is no chain in geometry in one of the operation, then open up all i found actually all of them with "0" chain, then try to select all regenerate them , a warning i got: "the operation has 0 entities remaining" so i colse my file with no save(before 15min has save). when i reopen it......Ho my god!!!!??? i have lost 95% of my entities,and in the operation manager is blank, there are only left me a few lines that i just created before i close it. curse.gif

anyone have this problem before???????............

the back up one was 15 minutes ago i saved before i close it. banghead.gif

i didn't delete any entities, even if i have selected all of them by box to delate , there should have a warning "geometry is used in a toolpath, are you sure"......there is no warning no message!!!!!!?????????....and where are 80 operation with red cross????? any others please tell me what was happening to my file, and my pc??? curse.giffirebounce.gif

If you're using MR2, you can now see the value of using the new backup feature. I'm not talking about autosave. Every time you save, it will save another copy in a different location.

I've had similar things happen where all work is lost. frown.gif

Thad

Ah, the infamous zero file save. Mcam crashes and saves a file with everything gone. It happens occasionally in Mcam. Different people use different back-up methods, but Mcam added a back-up sytem for version X mr2. If you're using mr2 you can utilize this system. If not mr2, there is a back-up vb script called Archiver in the VB_Scripts folder on the Mcam ftp site. The Archiver zip file has a read me file with instructions on how to use it.

Like John Paris says "Back-up, back-up, back-up". And after that back-up again.

Yes it works in X, but you can't hotkey directly to it. You have to hotkey to the vbscript window, select it and run it. This is the only script I use, so it is already selected when I hotkey to the vb script window, and I have to type the letter "R' for run. This makes it a two button process, but it is still quick.

I just had someone here at work have this same issue. I even had him set up using the new backup feature that ads a -100, -101, -102 on the end of the program backed up. He lost everything, so I said no problem and went to his backup folder and he had all 3 files in it and each of them had nothing in them AND the time ranged a total of 5 hours from when the 1st file was saved to the last.

Are you telling me he was dreaming for that amount of time? He obviously had a problem with it 5 hours before and each file saved was bad.

------------

KGN

------------