Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

6 hours of work down the tubes

G,dammit,

6 hours of work down the effin' tubes and I'm on a deadline.

Saving my files backing up, all the safeties,

close my file to open another, go back to it, corrupt 674 entities will not be brought in, my surfacing, my toolpath countours, all gone.

All 3 backups the same G'damn thing

WTF

banghead.gif

Now, the strange part.

I stormed around for bit, talked to a friend for a few. I came back and reopend the same file figuring I had to fix it. Opened it and now it comes in like nothing was ever wrong.

What, do I have gremlins in this box????

This is nuts.

I'm having the same problem all of a sudden.

"fit to screen" wipes out all entities, totally disappeared. really wierd part is they didn't get deleted, they just won't display.

banghead.gif I'm about to go back to my backups to check them, I'm sorry that happened John but I hope my backups aren't f'd. confused.gif

Lou,

Is that an imported Autocad file? After screen-fit, does the scale factor say something like >1000000? If so, I reported that about a week ago. Actually, I'm not sure if it's an Autocad specific problem, but my problems only happened with importing .dwg files.

Here's the reply from QC...

quote:

I've confirmed that this is happening in our latest X2 daily build.

When

fitting screen and it zooms way out your entities are there you just

have to F1 zoom in on the origin over and over until your entities

reappear. They are, in fact, still there.

This has been logged as cnc00022264.

Thanks for your input!

Thad

quote:

close my file to open another,

I've never run into this but I have a habit from V9 that I've carried into X.

In V9, if you had a large file open and hit

File/Get to open another file, V9 would usually lock up and sometimes destroy the first file.

I started going

File/New/ then File/Get. This solved the problem

and I still do it this way in X.

The fact that all three of your backups were hosed leads me to believe that the Temp and Regen files for File #2 didn't close properly.

You closed #1, and opened #2. When uou opened #1

the #2 Temp and Regen files were still there

and file #1 couldn't open properly.

Once you closed X, all the Temp/Regen and stuff in

ram got flushed. When you opened #1 again, everything was OK.

quote:

All 3 backups the same G'damn thing

The 3 backups were OK all along, it was the supportting files that run in the background,

(temp/regen and ram stuff) that were hosed.

Shutting X down cleared it all out and you were back in business

Thad,

sorry so long for reply. you hit it on the head, although it was a converted catia file that this happened on. I thought it was something I did. I managed to save what work I did as "save some" and then merged it back to catia file in MCX without losing anything but my temper. boss not expecting this vacuum fixture tommorrow or anything but damn, I didn't want to lose a day and a half. eek.gif

Lou, are you sure you don't have an entity way off in space? I do it on occasion. miss a decimal point. Then when you fit to screen, everything seems to disappear.

John, I am just amazed that you managed to stay off the forum long enough to put 6 hours worth of work into anything. wink.giftongue.gif

A mans' got to do something for a living

wink.gif

Actually 10 hrs or 'grammin yesterday, probably anothe 8 - 10 today, squeeze a new post in at the same time.

If you get you beak out of the bottle long enough, you too might actually get something accomplished

biggrin.gif

actually Terry I am not sure that at that time I didn't. That has happened to me before and for what ever reason it can be a bugger bear to find. I did give up and merge my pattern for my vacuum fixture back on to the original catia model and all was well. finished it yesterday and mon. I get to build the surfaces for the fixture model.

heres a good one..

I have been TRYING to help another forum member who uses X and I asked him to save it as a version 9 blah blah. I fixed what I thought his problem was, checked the solids tree and all was CLEAN.. emailed it to him and he said opening it that the solids were X'd. So I reopened the file I sent him and same thing, DIRTY. I redid everything again, triple checked to make sure everything was clean before I sent it to him again and all was clean. I even closed Mastercam reopened and all was ok. This morning for sh*ts and giggles went to open the file and all was dirty.

here is the the link

I just dont understand it headscratch.gif

whatever the problem with X is, it seems to stay with the file, no matter what version your working in after it was created.