Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simple tool holder question

DavidB

I don't know that they have ever really worked as for as the depiction of the holder in verify.

I only use the length definitions as an input to output holder and tool info for G10 settings, other than that I dunno.

headscratch.gif

It would be good if Backplot used the Holder definitions I inputted, as the pic above I want to check in Backplot if the Holder will gouge.

I will make a custom holder for this Op.

I have Vericut so I'll work it out there, but my question would be why MC can not draw in backplot a defined holder?

Really it's a bit lame theres more to a tool than just the cutting edge.

I've setup all of my holders as mcx files in the tools folder. I just rename the file I want to "holder.mcx" run the tools that use that holder, save, and change the name of the next holder.mcx file and go again. It's a long drawn out process but it works. I've asked several times to be able to see the holders too.

The HSM paths actually do let you see the defined holders. I'm assuming that's the way the rest of the paths will go in the future

For me i create a level for my holder;define it on that level. Works great on backplot. when using verify it shows only a "default" tool. Is this the same problem you guys are referring to? If so then i personally would love to see what i define in verify because that is where i do most of my collision checks not just with the part but with fixturing,hydraulic lines,etc.

Just my 2.5 cents worth

David

I've even gone as far as adding my spindle nose to my holder to check clearances on a fairly nasty 5th axis casting. cool.gif

Pretty simple, just takes time to swap out the holder.mcx file all the time. Wish I could save (and verify) as holder_1.mcx, holder_2.mcx, etc....... idea.gif