Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can a post be set to rotate a program

I have a customer who has 2 kitamuras. The vises in one are set 90 degrees to the other, meaning the part has to be rotated to run on the other machine.

Now my sort of off the wall question.

Can a post take the top view and rotate it 90° automatically or must I do it in the file itself?

I have always done it manually in the file. The tech at the resale place has never mentioned being able to post out the rotation. I will ask him next time I talk to him. It would save some time, but alot of the stuff we put on our kits, is from other machines and I just do a conversion for them.

quote:

you could set a misc. intergerreal and put in the rotation angle.

I've alreay done that in a different post for probing but they do not have G68 capability. The rotation always is a simple 90°

I might try tinkering with the machine def and perhaps I can flip the axis', I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

after my coffee I had an idea..

have fun.

code:

# mi3 - If you also want the same part rotated along the back jaw of the vise

# set mi3 of the first operation only, 1=rotate 0=dont

#

code:

smi3      : 0           # save mi3 rotate flag  

code:

rtf   : 0       # rotate flag 

code:

psboutr # write out rotated sub programs

prv_opid1=c9k

rtf=1

prrwc

if bocstr=1000|bocstr=1010|bocstr=100,psbout

else,[result=mprint(string2),e$

exitpost$]

rtf=0

Well if I had read it was vice and not tombstone then I would have not asked the stupid question. Cimco 5 has this ability change things pretty easy from what I under stand.

FYI MPGEN5AX has machine matirx capabilites in the post. If you play with the mat varaible you might get this without a lot of work. Here in this part of the post.

code:

#Machine base matrix (Base matrix to map positions into)

matb1$ : 1

matb2$ : 0

matb3$ : 0

matb4$ : 0

matb5$ : 1

matb6$ : 0

matb7$ : 0

matb8$ : 0

matb9$ : 1

HTH

some controls can rotate the program right on the control. I know some (i dont know if all) Yasnacs can do this. The ones i used had a set up of using variables for vork offsets such as this... G54 J#XXX. Then in your work offset page there is your G54 1-27 (27 pages of G54-G59, each with its X Y Z offset) but then it also has an R value, which is the rotation angle of the part orientation, so you can set it up and rotate the program if you wish and the control would compensate for the programmed values. just my 2 cents, i dont know if the post will do it for you tho