Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating Tool Plane

I need to create a tool plane to drill some holes for a horizontal machining opeation. The problem I am having is that the holes go through a round surface not a flat surface. When I select Toolplane/Entity/ and then select one of the holes I recieve the message....."Selected entity is not flat." How can I align my toolplane with the holes I need to drill. I can put the file on the FTP site if someone tells me how. Thanks.

If you have a solid model, you should be able to select the point at which it becomes a full diameter and create an entity that can then be used to create a tool plane.

The hole axis chook on the FTP might be usefuk as well.

cncjb2006,

Once your new tplane is created, make sure it is oriented correctly with respect to your WCS before you write toolpaths! eek.gif

To do this, first ensure your axes indicators are visible by going to 'Settings'>'Configuration'>'Screen' and checking the 'Display viewport XYZ axes' and 'Display WCS axes' checkboxes if they aren't already checked. Then click on 'Planes'>'Rotate'. You should see a dialogue box where you can enter X,Y, and Z rotational values, and you should see both your WCS and Tplane indicators on the screen. Now, simply enter the rotational values necessary to make the tplane indicator oriented the same as the wcs indicator and there you have it! When prompted, enter the name of the new plane you created and the tplane and wcs will now be oriented correctly whenever you write toolpaths on that plane. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to do the excact same thing today.

I downloaded the Hole Axis c-hook from the FTP site put it into my McamXchooks folder.But when I try use it I get "OPen Error Unknown file type".

What am I doing wrong?

I noticed the date of the Axis hole chook is Oct 2003? I'm using X MR2?