Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Update Cplane and Tplane when changing Gview

Dan_AKA_ROY

Is that available in X? In V9, I deselected the check box - located in Start/Exit. I like to manually change my Cplane. I don't like it automatically changing when the Gview is changed. It's just a preference, but I've worked with both settings for awhile before deciding on 'no Cplane change when clicking a different Gview'. Been using that setting for over two years now.

I'm new to X. Just got maintenance renewed, so I'll get to learning X! lol I got MCX SP2 until we get the access codes for maint. I've worked with Design at home a decent amount so I'm pretty good actually. X is a hit. It works! Very impressive to say the least.

[i'm looking for preferences. Can't find them yet [though I just started looking]].

Thanks, Crazy Millman [i respect your knowledge highly! You trully know your stuff about this field of study]. Where are preferences in X? Some reason I can't seem to find it...

I got SP2 right now. We didn't get the access codes yet for MR2. I'm ESTATIC! biggrin.gif I'll get to se X2. smile.gif

- Maybe it isn't in SP2 but is in MR2?

Well kind of without Mastercam now a days so hopefully someone who is still using it can chime in. It sounds like you were in the right place. I also changed my screen and put the WCS next the Gview and Cview on the bottom of the screen. Also you will like the HST toolpaths as well as the advanced 5 axis toolpaths that are old Camaix stuff. Take your time, but learn these and you will be happy with these new tools and how mush they can expand your use of Mastercam.

HTH

I couldn't find it for the life of me. I knew it was there somewhere. In V9, the setting was in the 'Start/Exit' tab. Thanks gcode! I guess I would have eventually stumbled across it. When I'm using an oddball Cplane, this setting for me is best unchecked. It saves me time when I switch Gviews but still need the Cplane. It stays in the current Cplane regardless of Gview. I've gotten so used to it, I like to leave it unchecked at all times.

Thanks for the input, CrazyMillman.

I only have a little bit of machine work today so it's a good time to read the Machine Definitions pdf file on Mastercam.com I watched the MD/CD videos over the weekend. Picked up a lot of info.

I'm gonna begin phasing out V9. A great program - I started out with V9 4 years ago. I think the extra year in V9 benefitted me. Most of you guys in here had used V9 and previous versions and were ready for X when it came out. I waited as I had a bunch of machining jobs and stayed with V9. My company dropped maint. last year but we still were able to get V9 MR2 and X SP2 also. Thankfully, I convinced them to get back on!

Sorry for the simple question. If I tried harder I would have found it, but gcode saved me the trouble. wink.gif

I still use V9 for updating my old work. When I bring the old stuff into X my Misc integer/reals gets defaulted to the control def which is the biggest issue for me. There's also some other things that I don't like but I can't remember what they are. I can either spend an hour fixing them up or spend five minutes updating in V9.

Yes, I understand now. Thanks for the "push". I must dive into X head first. Cannot phase into X, good advice!

I gotta wait for the MR2 CD. Our connection speed here is too slow, the download timed out. :/

Then I gotta update and get Mold Plus in X.

Plus I'm having trouble eliminating the A axis from my FANUC pst file. I'm trying to do it from the control definition. Maybe I need to modify the MPFAN pst file? Can't remember how we did it in V9 it's been so long. A CNC tech guy eliminated the A output in the code when we bought the Chevalier VMC. But I'll figure it out soon I think. :/

Back to tinkering in MCX SP2...

- I watched the MD/CD videos and read the machine definition pdf file. I thought I was an expert. Haha, yeah right. biggrin.gif