Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is X better

TravisHancock

If you have the time to learn a new system, and like icons and drop downs menus (both of which i hate compared to the old mastercam) and can afford to stay on maintance since they no longer supply fixes to their misteaks(bugs) if your not on maintance. it has some powerful new tools, and improved functions. If your doing simple 2d paths, and no editing, stick with 9.1 sp2. I have been running only x for 9 months, and i am still nowhere near as fast as i was on 9.

I think 9.1 MR0105 and X MR2 are both solid.

I'm still stuck on 9 for the most part.

It is a fairly easy switch though. I've been going back and forth because of post issues.

Faster at 9 because I'm more familiar with it. That would change in a month's use I bet.

No real advantage to X's new toolpaths for me personally, just because of the type of parts; machines; and standards that are set up here. I could see how they would be an enormous advantage for some types of work though.

X has a few new features that save a pretty good chunk of time when creating geometry.

Interface is better for X...I'm still finding things in V9 that I never knew about because it is down a ton of sub-menus.

We will be migrating soon though hopefully ...finally getting all the bugs worked out with posting 3 diff't CAM systems through one processor. If only I could control what was output to the NCI file, I'd be set and happy.