Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Levels form question

Ol Slow Hands

Thad,

I have several 2D toolpaths on certain jobs and each one is on a different level. In the name I put what each one does. If there was a way to show me that this particular toolpath is on this level and it is that color it would make it easier to let me know what each toolpath does.

Much of the work I do is the same. The project I am working on has 1,000's of similar parts. We are supplied with a 2d gemotry file and are required to build 3d models to machine from. In the process of manipulating files, I end up with approx 10 layers per part. Using a standard color scheme (1 color per layer) makes life easier to know what you are looking at down the road when I am applying toolpaths. I am currently using the "SET" field to designate colors. I have the levels saved and each new part uses the same levels & colors

Hi, Ol Slow Hands; My typing is the same. wink.gif

If you make all levels different colors, or not. You can go to (Attributes), select (same as) then select the entity your concerned with. It then will tell you what level it is on. From the same window you can change to that level or any level.

Dan.