Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2

Not sure if thats sarcastic or not, but I'm going off of what I've found to work really well. I didn't compensate my speedsfeeds before much either, but decided that I should really research things especially when cutting .6mm ball endmills deep in mold cavities, and especially when roughing out hardened steels.

Andrew

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Entering outside of the part....is a solution

Outside the part slams inserts.......ramping on top is way better.

But when doing lots of 3-d work, I have found that ramping yields slower cycle times but the inserts will last alot longer and thus making a safer toolpath.

Also, you will be unable to ramp 25% of the time clearing the stock out of tight areas.

You had better be able to control the plunge feedrates...

It seems like you're missing what I'm saying. I know I can change the feedrate for a plunge. This is not difficult at all. The problem then lies in with how much the cutter is engaged in the part. When doing a helical entry, or a ramped entry, more of the cutter is in the part and especially if its a flat or bull endmill, more of the flat is cutting the part. For this you not only have to slow down feed rate, but also spindle speed. This is the option that I'm looking for. A simple "plunge spindle speed" option that can be used so when there is a plunge feedrate, it changes the RPM to what you set it at. Obviously not needed for a drilling operation, but for most surfacing and pocketing operations it would be a huge benefit.

Also does anyone else still have the problem with the verify. I have a .015" tool that has a .030" fluteshoulder length and a say.... 0.3" overall length. In backplot it shows the tool properly, however in verify all you see is an extra long .015" tool? I've tried changing the options in the verify options....again I feel like I must be missing something for something so crucial as this.

Andrew

Chris,

Finally got a little time to play with the X2 install on my computer. I got 2 error messages on install, both 1904 errors, both failure to register modules. One is codejock docking pane9061.ocx, the other is cmax40.dll. I tried to go to the applet in the control panel to register them there and got "cannot retrieve the Handle of SystemImageList". The applet opened, but I couldn't get anything in the register/unregister window. My computer is not 64 bit.

X2 loaded and is running fine. I've drawn, tool pathed, posted, etc. and everything seems ok. I compared one part originally posted in MR2 with the new code generated in X2, they are identical and it runs fine on the router. So my question is, how critical are the two 1904 errors and what impact could they possibly have?