Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having trouble downloading X2?

I tried yesterday and it got about 30% then I got an error message 'cannot download file; connection reset by server'.

I tried again today and got to 80% then the same error message. headscratch.gif

Is it just the volume of download traffic from many people trying to download it or is there a problem?

OK...thanks guys.

I can't install any software on my work PC so that's out. We do have a T1 line here so I don't think download speed is the issue. One of our IT guys is going to try to download it directly to our server then we can just copy it and install it on our workstations. If that doesn't work I'll just wait a few days until the download traffic is less. Otherwise I'll just have to wait for the CD from my reseller. wink.gif

Jim teh I want it NOW!! biggrin.gif

Chris,

I've gotten a couple of error messages involving a cmax40.dll and ProActiveX V.9.60. Tried to go to the Mastercam applet in Control Panel to register the files there as you suggested to mattstang70 and got this message: "cannot retrieve the Handle of SystemImageList."

X2 installed and is running, and I've toolpathed and posted a simple helix bore that worked fine, but I would still like to solve the errors.

Downloaded and installed just fine, but A lot of my settings seem to be back to defaults, no big deal. This seems to be a bug, when selecting a tool, using the filter tool you get a blank page, it filters out all of the tools regardless of the selections in the filter page.

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x mr2 - mill level 3

Senior Programmer/Milling Supervisor

Preci Mfg.

400 Weaver St. Winooski VT 05468

PH# 802-655-2487 ext. 231

email [email protected]

quote:

using the filter tool you get a blank page

Click the filter button and then click the all button and it will show all the ones in the library that you are in.

I got an error the very first time I opened an old file and tried to use a library tool.

I saved the loaded library file with a different name and then opened the old library file from the list.

Works fine and all my tools are there...

Try dropping your old toollist back on your mcam mill folder and instead of overwriting, save it to a different name and see if that fixes it when you try to choose tool.

rnb1 -

Are you using the same exact installation for all three machines (is it shared on a network drive) or did you download the installation individually for each machine (3 different installations)? It is possible that the install may have been corrupted, especially with such heavy traffic on the server, but if you are using the same installation than we can eliminate this.