Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who is receiving ERROR 1904 on their 64-bit installation, please click this link and install the file once the download is complete.

After the installation is complete, please uninstall X2 and try to install it again. The error messages should no longer be present. Please let me know if it works as soon as possible. Thanks again for your patience.

I run side by side, I always have, just in case but I have not started MR2 since I installed X2 a couple of weeks ago.

At home I run both but only because of a customer that will not update right away, so I 'll need MR2 for a bit.

I'm not too happy about not being able to open v7 files in X2, I have 700 or so old V7 files, and occasionally I need to revise one of them. I do like the multi version aka v9 file type selection, but I guess I'll have to keep V9 on the system forever now. Peter

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x mr2 - mill level 3

Senior Programmer/Milling Supervisor

Preci Mfg.

400 Weaver St. Winooski VT 05468

PH# 802-655-2487 ext. 231

email [email protected]

Finally got it downloaded and installed today! biggrin.gif

So far, so good.

Installation was quick and easy. biggrin.gif

I especially liked the parallel install option and the option to transfer customized config files from XMR2 to X2. This is a real time saver.

All in all, this was as quick and painless as software upgrades get. wink.gif

Nice work CNC Software! cheers.gif

Now, to start finding all the new goodies!

Jim teh kid at Christmas. biggrin.gif

Peter, why don't you just upgrade all the version 7 files and be done with it?

From X2 help

Use the Import/Export Directory function to convert an entire directory of files. For example, you can convert all of your tool libraries, or directories of part files, in a single operation. This function works for all of the file types listed above EXCEPT posts. Mastercam will prompt you to select a destination directory different from your source directory so that your original files are not overwritten.

If I remember correctly, you could also do this in version 9.

Got X2 installed on my computer today. Verify still takes a bit of time. Is there any chance that when a toolpath is being generated, that it could be generated in the "background", so you can still do other things while that toolpath is chugging away? Most if not all modern processors should be able to handle this. We've had toolpaths take 5 minutes to an hour long to calculate, and not being able to use a computer for that long is just insane for one toolpath. I can only assume I'm doing something wrong, or that I'm asking too much with small stepovers and small tools?

I just went to add some check surfaces to a hst scallop operation and got this message: "Check geometry in this HSTFInishing operation will be treated as drive geometry". Whats the story there? is it not going to stay away from the check surfaces? I ask because even with a containment the tool rolled over a bit when I ran it last time.

That toolpath there took 10 minutes to regenerate only to find out it does again, what I don't want it to.

ooh, other question I just remembered...I know you can change feed rate for a plunge or helical entry, but can you chance the spindle speed that corresponds to that feed rate? The lower feed rate is nice, but keeping the spindle up in the R's just rubs the tool to death. Have I missed this feature in x2?

Andrew

I have holes to drill and tap, I have done this a zillion times by the way, select entities, only, points, I select my 40 some odd points, sorting is OFF.

I do the toolpath, and voila' the geometry shows 5 points,. I click on the geometry icon to see the points, and eureka now there are only 4 points WTF

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x mr2 - mill level 3

Preci Mfg.

email [email protected]

UPDATE: sort option (Use entity at highest Z depth) was on, this corrected lost points, however even with sort turned off the points did not code in the order that I selected them.

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x2 - mill level 3

Preci Mfg.

email [email protected]

Sorry about calling you Thaddy, Hon. I'll check out editing me profile as you suggested, never occured to me. Terry, Import/Export Directory was another oversight, I'll do it, proving that an old dog can indeed learn new tricks.

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x2 - mill level 3

Preci Mfg.

email [email protected]

You still want to change your speeds and feeds if you're ramping into a part. I know some may say that tool companies will make stuff up as far as speedsfeeds to get business, but the sparks coming off a tool from too high of a speedfeed when either entering a part with helical or ramp entry don't lie. Entering outside of the part....is a solution, but a bandaid to a major problem with a simple fix. Too much cutting air imho.

Andrew