Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotate geometry

dshart99

How about Transform>Translate>All>Entities>Done>Between vws>Then choose source side Top and destination use # and the # of the side you want.

Top=1

Front=2

Back=3

Bottom=4

Right side= 5

Left Side= 6

Iso=7

Axonometric=8

Or Change Cplane to front then Transform>Rotate

[ 02-14-2002, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]

• 6 years later...

Is there a way to set the orientation of how imported IGES files enter MAstercam? I use ProE and save the files as IGES for importing to Mastercam. When the file enters MAstercam the FRONT plan (model created in ProE) becomes now the TOP plan(model imported in Mastercam)I always have to rotate the model around to fix this. Is there some setting I am missing?

Welcome to the forum.

I get most of my files from our cad guys and the parts come in however THEY have them oriented; sometimes in car position, sometimes at mastercam homes. I'm guessing your question should more be directed to your proE software. Mastercam reads it in wherever it is. At least that seems to be how it is for me. Some of the true gurus might disagree.

Telsa

quote:

Is there a way to set the orientation of how imported IGES files enter MAstercam? I use ProE and save the files as IGES for importing to Mastercam.

When in proe and you make your copy as an IGES select the co-ordinate ststem you want to export it as. If the co-ordinate system you want is created you select the arrow aside the word default and you can pick it from there or from your tree.

edmBosto, So what you are saying is I need to create a cordinate system datum that has Z pointing in the Top Plane, X to the Right Plane and Y to the Front Plane of how I want it to come into Mastercam? I than will pick this cordinate system datum when the export box in ProE pops up.