Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How may of you get to see your program?

jmm0422

I run all of my programs. We're a research shop and all parts are a 1 of a kind item. Mastercam is more like the handles of a manual machine for me. I will never run a program again once the part is off my machine. I don't delete them just so we have reference of speeds and feeds for similar parts that show up, or to help me remember how I cut something.

Wow. Decent diversity between shops, eh? From where I stand I don't know how you could possibly just program and never run anything, or barely anything.

I think that is what I enjoy about my job (although sometimes, I think this is all I enjoy about it...). I get to program everything, fight with the engineers on lots, and run the first (at least the first, usually first few) of everything.

I am at the top of the ladder for new machines that come in the door for training and such, thus making my responsibility to train others in house to use the machines, read the code (a bit) and be efficiant operators.

I enjoy the dual job. I once thought I would love to only program, but I don't know if I could do that. I think my eyes would get to sore staring blankly at my little 17" lcd...