Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

When was the last time you saw a GN6 series controller?

Norm M.

Our University has purchased a Shizuka mill and we have a GN6 series model A controller. We have a few hurdles before we can get it running. Our primary issue is we do not have a manual for the controller. Does anyone have one of those on the shelf? We are trying to get MCX running but I think we may be sending codes that the controller doesn't support. Currently, we are stuck in a 100 alarm that will not clear. We have a manuel for an M series lathe that indicates PWE=1 and to change it. I can't find the setting in our parameters. It is times like this that a manual for the actual controller would sure come in handy. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We have a "few" Fanuc 6M controls here. Manuals can be found on Ebay, or from Fanuc, they are not very much $$. My 6M-B manual says for alarm 100 "the parameter enamble switch is on. Push the reset button after turning off the switch." The parameter enamble switch is on the motherboard of our controls. Hope this helps some.

We have at least 5 6MBs still going strong.

PWE is an actual switch in the upper left of the motherboard. Be sure to shut it off before powering down or (rumor has it) you can loose all your parameters.

We have a couple of manuals and some fragments.

Let me know if you need some info from them.

Even got a Bostomatic SPC-2.

Welcome to the forum

cp

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this forum gets results! Thanks for the info, I will check for that pesky PWE today to see if we can get this thing making chips. I will check Ebay and Fanuc to check the availability of a manual; it would be nice to compare apples to apples when figuring things out.

Thanks again!

Norm